Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAT Bypass Pipe
The removal of the cat for “euro spec” had less to do with performance and fuel economy than it had to do with the (un)availability of unleaded fuel at the time. Leaded fuel kills a cat very quickly!

The “tweaking” of the timing came from the use of the 013 distributor common to all European odd-fire PRVs that I’ve ever seen. The only car I know of to have had this was Nigel Mills’ which received a completely European spec engine complete with Alpine A310 manifolds and twin exit exhaust – I look forward to being corrected! The fuel system on this car has no lambda, no frequency valve and larger intake (as you’d find on a Volvo 260 & 760 with K-Jet. Nigel’s also has the 3.88:1 final drive in the transmission.

If you can find one, dropping an 013 dizzy into a DeLorean results in a noticeable jump in low end torque. Set timing to 10-11 degrees BTDC though!
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Sorry, been away from the forum and the thread for over a week. Sudden house sale and therefore sudden need to find a home for me and my three cars became a top priority very quickly!

I'm still very interested in one of these, but being a teacher I can't get out of work during term time to drive the car over to Derby. If they can do a Saturday I'm up for it, just let me know. Failing that it would need to be next year once the snow isn't about and I'm off in the week for the holidays.
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Do your pupils know you have a Delorean? Could result in you being a cool teacher! 8)
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich,

Where is the like button when I need it.
:lol:
Vin 5921
Do we have a still have volunteer to take their car to Nottingham to keep this job moving?

It would involve booking a day on the lift to enable a pattern to be made. (I can't use my car because its been tweaked. ) you will come away with a modest price, custom pipe, that will be the for-runner of the production pipe for others. We will then finally have a firm price for the subsequent one's, but based on experience, Don and his team are not expensive and do a great job.

To avoid any confusion please contact me to co-ordinate things with Don and his team. 07502 143 433
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Unfortunately whilst relatively close for me I'm afradi I'm chocka on a house extension project at the moment and don't have time to do anything delorean related, (Sat and Sun were both 16+hr days for example!). Plus I have no remaining days holiday for 2013 which I haven't allocated to building activities!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Excuse me for bringing up an old thread, but did anything come of this?
Would be interested myself in the bypass pipe, hell even maybe a whole free-flow system!
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
Quote:Excuse me for bringing up an old thread, but did anything come of this?
Would be interested myself in the bypass pipe, hell even maybe a whole free-flow system!
Don't think it did no, however if you wish to volunteer??. DeLorean performance Industries (DPI) do sell one: http://www.deloreanindustries.com/test-pipe-kit/ and you can always ring Don on the number above as they are the ones that make the full performance exhaust (circa £900) IIRC. Or to have the trial S/Steel de-cat pipe made. Would be much cheaper than a US one plus you would get it fitted as well!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi there,
for various reasons no car made it to Don's premisses.

Once he has one on his lift he can make a pattern and jig. its no problem then make a few up as required. I know he has already made up the flanges based on some parts I took him, but until he has a car on his lift, the job can't be finished. His lift is usually booked a week or two in advance. But no problem, give him a ring

I would expect them to be MUCH less expensive than the American ones….and no import tax.

His contact details are:- 01623 552262. …Don or Steve. ……come on someone, help us out!

sales@stainless-exhaust.com

I can't use my car as it has (the first) Free-flow system fitted.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Conversation going on over on DMCTalk re these as well: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11233-Headers
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris P Wrote:come on someone, help us out!
Ok Chris, just to let you know, this is now in hand Wink
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Great stuff Mike…..thanks.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
MikeWard Wrote:

Excellent! Let us know how you get on and what the eta / price would be for others wanting one.
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
TheScAtMaN Wrote:
MikeWard Wrote:

Excellent! Let us know how you get on and what the eta / price would be for others wanting one.
Yes, no problem. I will post an update as soon as I have further news.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Just so folks know, this is still being worked on, it hasn't dropped off the radar.
I have a prototype bypass pipe from them that I need to fit onto #04463 to confirm that it fit's.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562