Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone fancy some amateur detective work?
Stuart,

I think you mis-read my post.

796 went to Canada, then WA, and was last seen in CA in 2012. Technically now it would be "location unknown" but I am assuming it is still in CA.

Chris P; - I periodically buy an unlimited Autocheck report, when I am buying a new Daily Driver, so I will add 2498 to the list of "cars to be checked when I buy a report". 796 is now also on it for an update from 2011 as it might give a current location.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Dangermouse Wrote:Stuart,

I think you mis-read my post.

796 went to Canada, then WA, and was last seen in CA in 2012. Technically now it would be "location unknown" but I am assuming it is still in CA.

lol, I shouldn't have typed current location, more like.... where it's gone after auction. :oops:
Would be interesting to know why it went to Canada... also wish I bought it for $8K to bring it back and reunite it with that reg!
DOC 116
VIN 6237
The last sale in 1984 and was a sale of DIY "kit build DeLorean's" !

They were later all recalled as potentially unsafe and only one was completed into a running car and is still in NI.

.....details and photo's will be in the book Now entitled " DELOREAN, celebrating the impossible" ( this copy is only a mock up)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Is there a release date for the book yet, Chris?
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
It will be next spring, we do have a date in mind, but I don't want to make any "hostages to fortune" just yet. Still a lot to do.

I will stop adding photo's now! I promise!!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]Thanks for the pic posting tips. Hopefully this pic comes out as well as Chris' have.
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
Oops, I pressed submit a bit too quickly.

I just wanted to say thank you once again to everyone for helping me track the car down. It's fascinating seeing what has happened to it and I can't tell you how pleased my father and I are to see that it is still on the road. I'm now wondering if it ever comes up for sale again how I will be able to persuade Mrs M that we should become a two Delorean household.
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
Yes it is nice to have details on your old car, 2 DeLoreans now there's a thought........... Smile
ChrisP do you want to post those pics in the thread concerning your new book?

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
If you can do that Chris, yes please.....I've reached the limit of my expertise by sending a couple of pictures.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:If you can do that Chris, yes please.....
Chris you will need to do that yourself, just go to the thread about your book and re-post the pictures there.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Stuart Rees Wrote:
Chris P Wrote:Thats great work folk,

if someone could cast some light on vin 2498, that would be great.

Hi Chris, The DMC Museum (DMC Texas) has a Warranty Card & the Name/Address of its first owner in the US. You may be lucky to trace its history from there.

http://www.deloreanmuseum.org/ownerinfo2001-2500.asp

As for #796, Interesting to know it went to Canada but I'm not surprised it left the country. Only 2 cars from the factory auction have never left the UK & Ireland!

Factory Auction Cars

VIN 717, 3557 miles (LHD)
VIN 513, 70 miles (LHD)
VIN 796, 9750 miles reg number XOI8743 (LHD)
VIN 529, 534 miles (LHD)
VIN 534, 381 kilometers (LHD)
VIN 510, 3763 miles (RHD)
Pilot Car 25, 372 miles (LHD)

Current location

VIN 717 France
VIN 513 Ireland
VIN 796 Canada (Cheers Dermot :wink: )
VIN 529 Netherlands
VIN 534 Germany
VIN 510 Australia (Now returned to the UK)
Pilot 25 Ireland

I've seen VIN 529 in Belgium in a hangar in 2006 and the car had Belgian registration plates ; the owner also has VIN 3036 but the latter has been abandoned in a field near my house since a few years. The owner knows it's there, but doesn't look after it (he has too many cars ...). Shame ...
The hangar that VIN 529 was in in 2008, has since been sold and broken down. I have no idea where VIN 529 is at the moment (presumably still in Belgium, I guess, rotting away somewhere ...).
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Nice pics Richard, I always love seeing early photos of DeLoreans, Do you have any more?

Andy, Thats interesting about 529, not to hijack this thread but this is turning into a 'where are they' now thread
I got the info for the VINs from http://www.txdmc.org/

Slightly OT, I'm surprised there weren't more cars auctioned at the factory, Chris P, how was VIN 522 sold? it must have been in NI during receivership, also VIN 551 for that matter...
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Stuart Rees Wrote:Nice pics Richard, I always love seeing early photos of DeLoreans, Do you have any more?

Andy, Thats interesting about 529, not to hijack this thread but this is turning into a 'where are they' now thread
I got the info for the VINs from http://www.txdmc.org/

Slightly OT, I'm surprised there weren't more cars auctioned at the factory, Chris P, how was VIN 522 sold? it must have been in NI during receivership, also VIN 551 for that matter...

That website you're refering to isn't always up-to-date. Since nobody knows the current location of all the DeLoreans ever build, it's difficult to keep such a list up-to-date, isn't it? VIN 529 is just one example I happen to know ...
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
I always though Knut Grimsrud's Vins list was the most up to date?

Like any though it relies on new owners keeping the list author informed I suppose...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:I always though Knut Grimsrud's Vins list was the most up to date?

Like any though it relies on new owners keeping the list author informed I suppose...

I've tried contacting him, and others, to updated vin 1458 location and owner (many years out of date now). To date, ignored by all. Gave up. Figured it can't be that important for them after all, so why should I bother.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)