Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone fancy some amateur detective work?
Really? Oh dear, sounds like they've given up with it then.

Still, not the end of the world, I know where mine is that's the main thing!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Knut "passed the baton" on maintaining the VINlist to Shannon Birdwell (a gentleman) at the Texas owners club. There is a thread on DMCTalk where members post updates;

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1594-VIN-Chronology

or you can email him at "birdwells (aaattt) usa.net"

He periodically updates the list and posts it to the txdmc.org site and the DMCTalk site, but as Andy notes, it is only as good as the info he is given. He also checks forums like this on occasion
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Dangermouse Wrote:Stuart,

I think you mis-read my post.

796 went to Canada, then WA, and was last seen in CA in 2012. Technically now it would be "location unknown" but I am assuming it is still in CA.

Chris P; - I periodically buy an unlimited Autocheck report, when I am buying a new Daily Driver, so I will add 2498 to the list of "cars to be checked when I buy a report". 796 is now also on it for an update from 2011 as it might give a current location.

Update:

I was able to run some free autocheck reports and find :

00796 still hasn't been updated, meaning that the new owner hasn't registered it. Still showing as WA
02498 has only 1 entry in Nov 1981 in a town in Alabama, presumably the first owner. I'll send you the report Chris, for what it is worth.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Arise dead thread.

a quick update on 00796 for Richard, who PM's me in Oct 2015 wondering if I had any updates, which I hadn't at the time. But then 3 months later:

It was in Seattle WA in December 2015 owned by this guy
https://www.facebook.com/theJesusLizard/...698&type=3

(and I never twigged it was the one Richard was asking about)

Sorry, I was just updating my info and came across this. The guy is now in Portland Oregon, just down the coast but I don't know if he still has the car. He's still on DeLorean Fanatics FB page, so probably.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
DeLorean Fanatics is a page I left ages ago, Phill stayed on it for a bit, but I think John Parsons is on about handing over running the
page to others now due to various spats on it.

Shame really.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie