Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ormskirk Motorfest 25th August 2013
We had a really good time at this 3rd annual event, hundreds of cars and historic motorcycles on display in the town centre and nearby park made for a great day especially as the sun came out midday to create a real summer fete atmosphere, with brass band and entertainment on for alternative enjoyment.
A superb array of vastly differing cars to look at made a petrol heads dream with a high point being the 3 'parade laps'on the one mile town 'circuit', still strange driving through red lights with coppers waving and cheering you on.....
All in all a fantastic day, the De Lorean getting more than its fair share of attention, they should have more events like this, as the town centre was a bustling place with cafes and bars open and people enjoying the sunshine & cars. Marvellous! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Beautiful DeLorean Smile
Blimey, that brings back memories, my Dad had a Bedford van like that when he worked for BT. Don't remember it being that bright though!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
It's a really good restoration, probably better than when it was new! I seem to remember them using Dodge vans a lot as well, the Commer type that the front wheels were tucked in under the front with a narrower track than the rear. Also TV Detector vans, bet you're too young to recall them!
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Quote:Also TV Detector vans, bet you're too young to recall them!
I wish! There is a Commer camper lives not far from me that's used a lot by it's owner and very nice it is as well. I didn't realise TV detector vans were still in use and out there until I went to a broken down one some months ago, very plain (MB Sprinters) and loaded with lots of high tech gizmo's that I don't understand. but they are indeed still driving around.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Found this pic on the net! When these were spotted in our neighbour'hood' years ago, word spread like wildfire and tv s were unplugged for hours until the all clear! Certain people often used a black & white TV licence even though they had a colour tv......aaahhhh, the good old days! :lol:
that detector van has been at Tatton a few times, such a timewarp.

My dad had an ex British Gas HA van back in the day Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Spotted this in a video! Coincidence?............ 8)