Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, anyone have spare rear wheel bearings?
marwood82 Wrote:ok, i think i can safely say that the tuv is a stamp collecting exercise not a safety inspection.

the link bushes need changing, because the top one of them has come apart and started to work its way out meaning that one edge of the top link assembly has been resting on bare metal?!?.

so its a good job the wheel bearing failed otherwise its likely the first i would have know about it was when the left rear suspension collapsed!

Oh, that doesn't sound good at all. Any chance of a clearer explanation using links to parts on the DeLorean Store Website?

http://store.delorean.com/c-354-5-3-0-r ... nsion.aspx

Do you mean PART 29, or 37, or another part?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy Wrote:
marwood82 Wrote:ok, i think i can safely say that the tuv is a stamp collecting exercise not a safety inspection.

the link bushes need changing, because the top one of them has come apart and started to work its way out meaning that one edge of the top link assembly has been resting on bare metal?!?.

so its a good job the wheel bearing failed otherwise its likely the first i would have know about it was when the left rear suspension collapsed!

Oh, that doesn't sound good at all. Any chance of a clearer explanation using links to parts on the DeLorean Store Website?

http://store.delorean.com/c-354-5-3-0-r ... nsion.aspx

Do you mean PART 29, or 37, or another part?

part 37 is now sticking out of one side of part 36. and the bolt going though it has seized!

it looks like, with the bush being a tube with fat ends, one of the fat ends has worn down or split so its no longer staying in place.

managed to get another set of them but it means 24 hours delay and a flight home for me :-(
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766
Hi,

Theres a lot of sh%t bearings on the market rubbish bearings made in China/India....
Ive seen it all when it comes to bearings. SKF aalllll the way imo.

I don't have a European part no. to hand no doubt some of the other lads will help out.
A good German bearing would get the thumbs up also....be careful what you fit the D being rear heavy so good quality.

lets us know how you get on.

Dave
dave t Wrote:Hi,

Theres a lot of sh%t bearings on the market rubbish bearings made in China/India....
Ive seen it all when it comes to bearings. SKF aalllll the way imo.

I don't have a European part no. to hand no doubt some of the other lads will help out.
A good German bearing would get the thumbs up also....be careful what you fit the D being rear heavy so good quality.

lets us know how you get on.

Dave

cheers for the info. i got a replacement set from the store on the eurotech forum which i think originally came from Ed in holland?

the cars now had the bearing, bushes and front discs and pads fitted. The garage have checked the other bearings and they arent loose or making any noise.

im picking it up tomorrow so we'll see how it goes!
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766
well, it survived the trip back with the new bearing and new front brakes.

one thing that i did notice (completely unrelated to the rest of the thread but maybe someone has seen it before) was that when going over bumps, i was getting a clicking/thumping sound from behind the center console.
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766