Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must be a rare sight on the roads......
Found this pic of my motor on a Flickr site, quite surprised that it was spotted 'in the wild'- more like at my local Tesco store. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
I always park on an 'end' and never worry about it! Strangely enough, in the same car car park an Aston Martin DB4 convertible in metallic blue is often seen parked between Citroen and Ford shopping trolleys- that's got to worth somewhere in the region of 65-85k, so no, I don't worry too much about it!! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
bjbrownie Wrote:that's got to worth somewhere in the region of 65-85k 8)

Add a 2 in front of the 65-85K and you'll just about be able to afford a DB4. You wont find a decent DB4 under £1/4 Million these days, and convertibles are worth far more Shock

"EH, MIND THAT TROLLEY!"
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I had no idea they would be worth that much Darren, I'll try and get a pic of it next time I see it- it's a light metallic blue with an ivory coloured roof and in absolutely stunning nick, there's no way I would park such a rare motor next to the menial shopping trolleys! I've seen Maseratis, Ferraris and Lancia Integrale (full rally spec) in the same car park! 8)
And to think one got pushed off a cliff in the Italian Job 'Your car? Pretty car'.
Stephen Partt
Bristol
Absolutely criminal. :lol:
I've taken my De to the supermarket on many occasions and loaded it up with the
weekly shop - and I take offence to (bttf car) Steven's remark, not all us mum's with family cars
and children go around bashing trolleys into cars, so quit with the chauvinistic generalisation :evil:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
How did I get dragged into this?

However (as I have been) it is absolutely unfair to say 100% of mums (with accompanying shopping trolley and assorted screaming shouting perishers) will 'potentially' ding your pride and Joy. Maybe it's more like just mid to high 90's :wink:

I do remember one particular incident of a lady (let's mention no names, I'll refer to her simply as Satan) with a people carrier full of adorable brats. Who had parked in a disabled bay at my local VUE cinema complex (note no disabled badge though - that's right a thoroughly charming family).
And she let her ever so charming son whack their side door open into the front wing of my then pride and joy a prestine MKII MR2. I witnessed the whole sorry affair as I walked back to my motor. And because it had happened on private land with no witnesses, apart from me and my girlfreind, then there was sweet FA I could do about it.

I do hope that particular little boy is well, and has not suffered a nasty fall over the years.
Stephen Partt
Bristol
SteveyP Wrote:How did I get dragged into this?

However (as I have been) it is absolutely unfair to say 100% of mums (with accompanying shopping trolley and assorted screaming shouting perishers) will 'potentially' ding your pride and Joy. Maybe it's more like just mid to high 90's :wink:

I do remember one particular incident of a lady (let's mention no names, I'll refer to her simply as Satan) with a people carrier full of adorable brats. Who had parked in a disabled bay at my local VUE cinema complex (note no disabled badge though - that's right a thoroughly charming family).
And she let her ever so charming son whack their side door open into the front wing of my then pride and joy a prestine MKII MR2. I witnessed the whole sorry affair as I walked back to my motor. And because it had happened on private land with no witnesses, apart from me and my girlfreind, then there was sweet FA I could do about it.

I do hope that particular little boy is well, and has not suffered a nasty fall over the years.

my comment wasn't aimed at you, but a different Steven Smile

I had a "business gentleman" fling open his car door into the side of my 1989 Cavalier one day in Morrisons at
lunchtime, I yelled at him, and he just looked at me and said "well its only an old car, what's your problem?"

Needless to say I returned the compliment into the side of his BMW 3 series Wink
BMW driving W@NK3RS!!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy Wrote:BMW driving W@NK3RS!!

haha :wink:
On the same subject, mother/ children/parking/supermarket scenario, ( Claire exception here ), I reversed the DMC into a parking bay once, only to have the crap scared out of me by a woman driving a kiddy carrier swing the bloody thing into the slot were I was parked to stop about 8" off the front bumper- she saw a gap between parked cars and assumed nothing would be in the space-with the DMC being so low, it couldn't be seen behind the parked cars- I don't know whose face was redder, but she departed the scene extremely quickly and a lot faster than I could exit the DeLorean to vent my opinion of her driving........that's one reason why I always park on the end bay if at all possible!! 8)
I must admit, thats one thing I like about my Grand Scenic, its got great visibility all round - and parking sensors :wink:
Guinney1971 Wrote:I must admit, thats one thing I like about my Grand Scenic, its got great visibility all round - and parking sensors :wink:
and thats good news for us excellent gentlemen drivers out there !! i think lady drivers need all the help they can get.. lol :wink:
LMAO Mr Green