Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocking Shockers
We've renewed the last few years with the RAC, get full cover including home start, for both
me and Phill for any car, for £108 all in, which is just over £1 a week each - deffo worth it for
the peace of mind - although we shop around for European Cover for holidays, and find Green Flag
offer the best European Cover for the money, but it does depend on the age of the car - we paid
more last year as my old Omega was 12 years old, and this year we're taking my Grand Scenic which
will be 7 when we go away (it turns 8 whilst we're away).
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote:Green Flag
offer the best European Cover for the money
No No No Don't go down that route please........ :roll: :roll: :lol:

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
well I did lots of online comparisons, and they offered the best level of
cover at a sensible price Wink
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
on a slight side note, does anyone have a front and rear shock in any condition? can be knackered. I am wanting to get some made, and curious what other shocks may suit.

I still want to fit coilovers to the front and company i deal with say it is possible but i need to get them an original to reference.

If anyone has any (just 1 of the front and 1 of the rear) please give me a shout, thanks
Thanks to Chris Hawes, I am expecting delivery of his "used" shockers today, so I should soon be sorted.

When I have fitted them, my old leaky ones will be available F O C if you can arrange collection from Derby.....or if I'm at Dave's I can drop them off.

It came down to several choices, Spax at about £400 ish, fancy ones as recommended by Martin at about £600, the American ones ( easy riders) at about £220, (which were my preferred choice). But its the shipping, import duties and delivery time and hassle, that made we go for Chris's.

I am no "Speed King" so as standard one's have always been ok in the past. If I don't like them, I will order the American one's, but at least I won't be dribbling oil all over my drive and garage floor in the mean time!

Thanks for all the advice about the shocks folks.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
To be clear: Chris confirmed the Protech price as closer to the spax price. I would be wary of John's shocks and check other forums for reviews. Speed king or not, good quality shocks should provide a comfortable ride AND good handling.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I take you point Martin........next time you are up this way, lets me have a drive in your car and ill see what I'm missing.

(apart from the steering wheel being on the wrong side)

.......no only kidding, the best car I ever had was vin 20049 LHD....110 miles on the clock.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
If anyone is interested I have the original Girling front and rear shocks from 10719 in pretty good condition which I was thinking of sticking on ebay. There was nothing wrong with them, but decided to go with the SPAX option when I had the lower height springs done as well. Have to say I've never really noticed the difference, but then again I didn't drive the car that much on the old ones so, and certainly very hard. I'm getting used to the yellow on the back. Certainly stands out.

I've also got the original springs as well which are also in good shape.

Anyone interested PM me with an offer.

Mark
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Hi folk,
my shocks are now sorted thanks to Chris H who kindly let me have his old ones.....a high speed test drive up the A38 confirmed a big improvement.....with no oil drips on my drive now. Ive never had sticking and leaking shockers before. Nice to have the car sitting level now.

I have the two old "donor ones" ready for dispatch or collection.

DK Night.....Please contact me to arrange carriage..... history@deloreans.co.uk will do
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian