DOC-UK Summer Event, 20-22 June 2014
Same! Can't wait to buy that book! Big Grin
Hope the article in CM is OK too.
1981 Restored Black Interior Auto
&
1981 DeLorean Time Machine 2015 edition

http://www.backtothefuturedeloreanhire.co.uk

http://www.deloreanhire.com
Sadly I was not able to make this event, for a couple of reasons. Firstly my wife has been quite ill the last few days, and secondly a part I needed to fix my VehiCROSS being delayed. I considered going in my wife's Skoda, but I did not want to leave her alone here without a car. This is the second time I've missed the DOC annual event due to bad luck; we're both very dissappointed.
Just got back from Kingston Lacey, was great to meet some of you and see some of your cars. Next year I'll try and make it on the Saturday as I suspect I caught the tail end of the weekend and quite a few people had already hit the road for home.
Quote:Sadly I was not able to make this event, for a couple of reasons. Firstly my wife has been quite ill the last few days,
Don't worry about it, family is far more important at the end of the day. We have something very, very special lined up for next years event anyway. I will try to get some pictures up later and I'm sure others will to as people arrive home.
A Big thank you to Claire for organising this weekend, again a great success in a stunning location with stunning weather Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
First pictures are of Swanage and Bovington tank museum, the latter just a fraction of some of the unique DeLorean documentation our guest speaker Martin Mail brought (a huge thank's Martin) inc a huge amount of detail on the sedan programme plus loads and loads of other stuff including some OE rear bumper in fill letters! We also had some preview copie's of Chris and Andy's new book. A long time coming but well worth the wait!
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Great pics, I'm gutted that I had to miss this. Who's is the red delorean?
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
the metallic red one is owned by Matt from Southampton, its the first time its attended a Club meet
since Gaydon in 2004 !!!!

Needless to say he's under strict orders from me not to leave it another 10yrs before he brings it along
again, its a great looking car and an early build (April 81, vin 1070) Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Can I just give a massive thank you to everyone who came along and supported the event this year,
having had many requests from members in the south for an event down south, it would have been nice
to see a few more cars from south of the M4 in attendence, but hey ho.

Phill, the kids and myself had a great weekend, and we managed an afternoon on the beach including
ice cream, and a ride on the Swanage steam railway, which gave us a great view of Corfe Castle as we
steamed past. Bovington Tank museum was very interesting, and I was particularly taken with the WW1
exhibition, including mock up trenches. Very emotive. Lulworth Cove was as beautiful as ever, and nearly a
dozen DMC's rolling up into the car park certainly caused a stir, especially with one of them being the irrepressible
Brian and his BTTF car.

Saturday nights meal was as fantastic as Friday nights, and the fillet steak I had was possibly the finest piece of
steak I have ever eaten. Sadly I missed most of the talk by Martin, as I was otherwise occupied with a gobby 11m
old baby but Phill enjoyed the talk and found it fascinating.

Sunday was a typically random drive to a location thanks to my Tom Tom, but we had a lovely day at Kingston Lacy.
The gardens were beautiful, and the flowers smelt amazing.

Sadly the M27 and M3 were pretty busy coming home, so I was getting a bit hot with no aircon, but we got home fine
at 9pm last night.

Flopsy and Sorbet did 500 miles over the weekend, and never missed a beat, and we averaged 24mpg and 26mpg respectively
so really pleased with that, as I used to struggle to get 17mpg.

Thanks again to everyone who came along, its appreciated.
some photos here on the Club's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 618&type=1
Guinney1971 Wrote:it would have been nice to see a few more cars from south of the M4 in attendence, but hey ho.
Apologies Claire, but with my fuel pump currently drawing 8.5 amps, I can't risk driving mine too far at the moment. It should be fixed in due course so hopefully I'll be able to make it next year.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
As a new member I would like to say a big thank you to all involved in organising this event and for everyone for making us both feel so welcome.
We will definitely be coming again.

The bad news is that I am really getting the bug now and thinking about buying a second delorean! lol (seriously)

Unfortunately, I never managed to get Matt's contact details (red DeLorean from Southampton also), I would like to get in touch with him at some point as he lives so local to me so I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Mike :lol:
Mike Knowlton DOC #761
DeLorean DMC-12, VIN#4208,
Black Interior, Automatic. Grooved bonnet, Gasflap
Hi Mike and Mike,

MikeW - these things happen sadly, we'd just set off for Chirk in 2010 when one of Sorbet's front
calipers seized, and he had to limp the car home and swap it for the Avantime. Hope you get yours
sorted soon.

MikeK - nice to meet you and your good lady, and thats a lovely car you have there too. So, are you
going the 'his n hers' route like me and Phill?

BTW, have you seen the pic of you and your car on the link to the Dorset Echo that I posted up earlier?
Hi Claire
No, it won't be a His n Hers thing, it's just something that I fancy doing.
We are off to the States very soon for 3 weeks on a road trip down the Pacific Highway and I will be on the lookout for a suitable car on the way.

I am sure that there is some information on here about the procedure/costs/timescales involved in importing a DeLorean but I can't find it (I have probably had a 'man's look' as Carol would call it) lol!

Would you or any other members be able to give me the necessary advice on this?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks again

Mike
Mike Knowlton DOC #761
Quote: am sure that there is some information on here about the procedure/costs/timescales involved in importing a DeLorean but I can't find it (I have probably had a 'man's look' as Carol would call it) lol!
Running on our old site at the moment: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/old/importing/index.html
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks Chris

Much appreciated

Smile
Mike Knowlton DOC #761