Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatton Park Show 17th & 18th August 2013
Hey Mike, good to meet you yesterday! Sorry your return trip wasn't exactly plain sailing!

It could also be worth checking for drips from the radiator before worrying about head gaskets and such: start tha car up on the drive, wait for it to get hot *therefore the cooling system under pressure) and watch carefully for leaks!

Anyway, if this job grows we probabl;y ought to move it to another thread. In the meantime, Tatton Park - yesterday was my first trip up there, and I have to say it's an excellent show, possibly the highlight of the classic car show calendar, I've never been to one so big and all-encompassing.

Many thanks to Rich Hutchinson for organising and thanks for the coffee!

R
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Many thanks to Rich Hutchinson for organising and thanks for the coffee!

...You mean I missed a freebie coffee from Mr Hutchison!!! Damn him!

(Tatton was excellent last year for my first visit to it, so whole heartedly agree with your comments about this year. I'm just sorry my availability for coming along this year wasn't happening. Sad )
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
In fact Deloreanyprkshire brought and shared a flask too. Basically I was freeloading all day...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Great show, Tatton always turns out some good motors- top marks to that man Richie for sorting it out! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Thanks for the info guys, I will do the tests you both mention and see if I can spot any leaks.

Well done rich for the best delorean win, you now have something to drink the coffee in Big Grin
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
We got a mention here as well! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Did any of you get the details of the fibreglass craftsman who did these louvres? I understand that it was on display at the show.

The fiberglass equivalent to Chris N, I'm sure you'll agree.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
The fine example of fibreglass workmanship was on this poor Rover SD1, I don't think you could even call it 'rat look'! :lol:
Bootiful
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Found this one on Flickr.

[Image: 9576864331_83f4a3150a_o.jpg]
DeLorean Owners Club at Tatton Park Cheshire England by Cheshire Auto Promotions, on Flickr
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
thats probably from 2yrs ago, as thats the last time I went (VUR594W).
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Ahh, but Claire, you have a time machine, perhaps that photo is from the next time you go? :wink: *gets coat*
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
trainmad Wrote:Ahh, but Claire, you have a time machine, perhaps that photo is from the next time you go? :wink: *gets coat*

*smacks forehead* (then beats the cr4p out of Bardo... lol)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Guys, Great to have a read and catch up about the Tatton Show this year. Sorry i've been so quiet this year, it's been a mixed bag! The safe arrival of our new son, the loss of my job (Company bust!), poorly people in the family and then the creation of a new business means this year poor old BAK5T had been push aside a little. She's still running fine though, and should only need new handbrake cables for the MOT next year....so hopefully see you 2014.

By the way, have any of you ever visited Sandbach Transport Festival, its a small friendly show that I've attended many times, maybe we could get a large Delorean presence there too!

Mart.