Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giorgetto Giugiaro is he the main Guy?
I would say he's pretty fundamental, yeah. He penned the design and look of the car from a styling point of view. It's then up to the engineers to then make that design work.

I'm pretty shocked that you don't appreciate this part of the history of the car Steve. Pretty shameful if you are a DeLorean enthusiast to not know this. :roll:

So, YES, definitely try to get him to put his ink on the car somewhere (somewhere it'll stand the test of time). You *MAY* be the ONLY DeLorean owner anywhere to have ever achieved such a feet! (I await to be corrected by the better informed of us out there) 8)

I hope you have a great time there, sounds exciting! Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
bttf car Wrote:Sorry one last thing where should i get him to sign the car? where would any of you have him sign?

I don't know where you have space left Steve, but I would have suggested the knee cushion on the passenger side, or on the dashboard possibly. If these locations are already filled, then perhaps down the side of the driver's side seat, or centre console somewhere. Put some thought into it. Somewhere it wont be rubbed off by the general public getting in and out of your car or even legitimate passengers you might have in the car at any point.

...Maybe on the stainless in fact. On the inside of the the rear of one of the doors has been a place for others to have their car signed etc. Near the red light on the opened door. It might be appropriate to have him sign the stainless in fact, since his artistic penned design called for stainless steel to be used.

Simply put, if it wasn't for this man, the DMC-12 would never have been the car it turned out to be, and what we all know and love!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
I dont understand why you would want a signature defacing a part of the car.

Having a picture of him in it would be cool though.
Vin #4087
Because its a 'Movie prop', seems this draw a pretty clear line in the sand.
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
I must admit it'd be more appropriate for an unmolested DMC-12 to be the recipient of a photograph and an onboard signature, since that reflects his design for the car. The time machine look has nothing to do with him. BUT....given that there will not BE an unmolested DMC-12 there for that to happen, then (in my opinion) Steve shouldn't pass this up at any cost.

It's up to you Steve, of course, but I for one think you should do your best to make it happen, and get the photos and his signature on the inside exposed stainless of one of your doors. It's what i'd do if I was in that position. Very cool in my opinion, and as I say, possibly unique, or if not, then rare as hell.

I'll not say any more on the matter now.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
I would greatly appreciate it if you could get him to pose in/next to the car.

It would be very a very special picture for our book.

Sitting on the sill under the open door is one of my favourite poses.

( you don't need his permission to use a photo, the rights are the person holding the camera )

Please try your best. .....it would mean a free signed copy of our book in due course.

Chris P Historian
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
if the chance arrives to get him to sign the car then you should absolutely do it.

as has been said on this thread, ive never heard of a Delorean signed by him.

i've got a few signatures on my car that Al collected a few years ago mainly ex DMC people but also Claudia Wells

they are on the under side of the doors
[Image: 5cx5Tp6h.jpg]

[Image: jSecsMNh.jpg]

Simon.
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766
That would be fabulous, Thanks Steven,

Chris
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
funnily enough, we were chatting about car designers the other night amongst a few of us,
and the Bertone Designed 1966/67 Lamborghini Marzal offers many styling clue's to Giugario's
ultimate design for the DMC-12.

http://www.lotusespritturbo.com/Lamborghini_Marzal.htm
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Sunvisors are a popular part for sigs.
VIN:01955
==========================
Simon
Great video the car got more attention than the plane! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh next week.
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
Saw the pics on FB. Great setup!!! Big Grin
VIN:01955
==========================
Simon