Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Stolen in the North West
hi guys,

thanks for all your concern with the situation with my car, i do have it back and the damage fortunately was just a few dents and minor scratches here and there. all is well now and luckily i did not need to make a claim.

hope your all well

Mike
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
Thats good news then. Dave tells me you are sorting everything out amicably and hopefully you can start moving forward again.

I must admit, I look upon all insurance as a necessary evil. They are aways happy to take your money, but seem less keen to pay out. Im not just talking about cars. I have come across them in my former business life and family.....especially travel / sickness insurance. My elderly Aunty, who needed urgent medical treatment aboard, when trying to get a perfectly legitimate refund, on the huge sums of money SHE had to pay out...it was a nightmare.

If they can wriggle out of paying, they will and of course it makes your future claims / premiums much more complicated and expensive.

I keep mine to a minimum and rely on sensible visible / preventative / deterrent measures where possible. Proper CCTV cameras and extra dummy camera and bell boxes, all (with flashing LEDs).....all cheap to buy off eBay.

Only yesterday I swapped 3 sets of French door locks for "Anti- knock - Anti-snap" ones.. look them up, its an education! We were at our local summer fate ( in the poring rain) and this chap was showing a video of some thug snapping a lock...he wanted £56 a door to sort them......I looked on eBay, bought all 3 sets for less than £50, delivered within 24 hours and I fitted them in 10 mins!

Rely on your own common sense and judgement, rather than insurance companies, thats my motto.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
well said Chris, and Mike, I hope this has not put the restoration of 2311 back too far and that
the car will be back on the road again in the not too distant future.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Classic Car Buyer has listed with photo in this weeks issue as stolen the St Helens Delorean
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670