Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ive gone and done a Nick T with my Corsa, new grille!
Claire Usher Wrote:http://www.strutbracer.co.uk/productpage...lframe.htm

Hi John,

there were some strut braces at the Vauxhall Autojumble today, but none suitable for my car, and TBH they didnt look all that and were nearly £50.

Got some right bargains though Big Grin

Cav GSi leather steering wheel £2
Cav SRi hatchback rear spoiler £5
New ex GM Stock NSR door moulding £3
Pair of brand new front discs £15
New bonnet badge £1
+ also a Cav GSi (irmscher) front grille £1

BING! Big Grin (as Rich would say :lol: )

I love autojumbles! Big Grin

That's some real bargains!!!! Scrap Yards ask for 50quid for a used spoiler from a total lost Yaris, and it doesn't even come with the fitting kit!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
yeah, some scrap yards really do take the mick when it comes to prices (except Looms' in Derby! Smile )

I think my bargain of the week though had to be those brand new alloys (x5) for £110. Here's a piccy of one of them against Guinney's standard 13" rims:

[Image: wheels.jpg]

I think they are quite subtle and dont make the car look too Chav :wink:

I'm gonna go to the local Vauxhall dealer this week (armed with Vauxhall Trade Club Parts Discount card Big Grin ) and get some locking wheel nuts though before I get the wheels fitted. I dont want to lose the buggers as soon as I've bought them! Shock

Now...........where did I put that Burberry cap.............
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:yeah, some scrap yards really do take the mick when it comes to prices (except Looms' in Derby! Smile )

I think my bargain of the week though had to be those brand new alloys (x5) for £110. Here's a piccy of one of them against Guinney's standard 13" rims:

[Image: wheels.jpg]

I think they are quite subtle and dont make the car look too Chav :wink:

I'm gonna go to the local Vauxhall dealer this week (armed with Vauxhall Trade Club Parts Discount card Big Grin ) and get some locking wheel nuts though before I get the wheels fitted. I dont want to lose the buggers as soon as I've bought them! Shock

Now...........where did I put that Burberry cap.............

How dangerous is it for cars to be left without locking wheel nuts in UK? Do people really nick alloys from cars??
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

I'm not sure if its such a problem these days, but having just paid out a wedge of cash for some new wheels, I dont want to risk parking the car up one day, and coming back to find her sitting on her axles Sad

For the sake of £20 for a decent set of locking bolts, I'd rather be safe then sorry.

I might actually get 3 sets - and put one set on Flopsy and another set on Rapey (she's got H120 Rostyle's fitted).
Has anyone got a set for the D that 'looks' ok... i cant seem to find any that will fit well by not sticking out from the shallower front wheels.
Bozzzy,
Why don't you pair up with someone else and buy 2 sets of same style but different sizes.
You would both then have 2 different sizes each for front and rear.
It depends if you are after a lower profile tyre or not.

NickT.
you know im completely lost now ...

I was after some 'shallow' locking wheel nuts, but I cant work out why you say i would / could need two differnet sets or what buying low profile tyres has to do with them? :lol:

Ive seen some locking wheel nuts on a D but they all seem to stick out a hell of a way and look a bit 'odd '.

I need a holiday........ :roll:
bozzzydmc Wrote:you know im completely lost now ...

I was after some 'shallow' locking wheel nuts, but I cant work out why you say i would / could need two differnet sets or what buying low profile tyres has to do with them? :lol:

Ive seen some locking wheel nuts on a D but they all seem to stick out a hell of a way and look a bit 'odd '.

I need a holiday........ :roll:

I thought you were on about the alloy rims not the wheel nuts.

NickT
I don't get why anyone would want to steal DMC wheels as I cannot think what the rears could fit on being so large...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Chris Hawes Wrote:I don't get why anyone would want to steal DMC wheels as I cannot think what the rears could fit on being so large...

But I guess there must be some little twats who wouldn't mind nicking the DMC centre badge!

Question:
How come most alloy wheels have that centre hollowed out for the centre badge? Is it because of a manufacturing requirement (e.g. mounting point for machines) or is it just for the sake of making it easier to put a badge of whatever company logo on the wheel? Does anyone glue their centre badge to their wheels so they can't be stolen (this question applies to non DMC cars too) :?:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

Hi Claire, those wheels look ace, I recon they would look nice on my Corsa but I dont think i can be arsed to spend any more money on it... its got a nice handfull of rust in different places so i dunno... Locking wheel nuts are a good idea! Make sure u carry the tool though as apparently recovery services can refuse to help you if you have after-market wheels on without the correct tools to remove them, it happened to a mate before, they left him stranded pretty much!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
I don't get why anyone would want to steal DMC wheels as I cannot think what the rears could fit on being so large...

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Vin 5255 Grey, 5-speed

Poor Alistair McCann can answer that one.
Some scum bag broke into his garage and stole his spare set of wheels !!
Correct me if I am wrong Al , but from memory the wheels that were stolen were the original wheels from pilot 25 along with the mint NCT tyres !

No doubt they are hanging on someone's garage wall now :evil:

Makes me sick thinking about it
Regards Paul O'Malley
DOC 253 South of Ireland Rep
Basically, in this day and age, you cant trust anyone.

We were chatting to a guy at a car show last year, who used to have a Ferarri Testarossa. He said that when he was at a show with it, someone opened the fuel filler and put loo roll into the tank. Shock It cost him thousands to put right, as the car broke down after leaving the show and the fuel system was completely blocked up with bits of soggy tissue.

What makes someone do something like that?
Yes Paul, i was just going to say people will nick them just because they are DMC alloys. If anyone has some nice looking locking wheel nuts please let me know Smile
There a standard size. They are the same as my Elise.

I tried a set of these on my D and they were fine.

http://tinyurl.com/2vyysp

Also they do a nice set of chrome replacement nuts

http://tinyurl.com/24ox6k

Dan