Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999!
Maybe I missed it but is the USA shipment going directly to the US? If so, where? Amazon?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Probably Dermot,

I was rather hoping that a USA club or dealer would take on the opertunity of distributing the 500 copies that we have pencilled in. But so far none have responded positively to any of my enqiures. (We have one maybe) .

I find dealing with Amazon in the UK very hard work……the thought of repeating the excersise in the USA at a much greater distance is not very attractive.

It is just possible that if the UK/ European copies sell out quickly we could simply divert the extra 500 to the UK and save a load of hassel.

We have had lots of interest from individuals like yourself, but that does not make a distribution network. We have a few weeks before we need to make any decisions. :?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Well I am very proud to report that I am one of the first to officially receive Chris's book after it arrived today. Well packaged and presented it looks a great read. I can't wait to sit down and get started on it. Thanks Chris :-)
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

"Hey you, get your dam hands off her"
THE FIRST Mike, the other book is due tomorrow……get reading and learning….I will be asking questions tomorrow :lol: !
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
How lucky you are Smile
I am really lucky to be the first Big Grin

I just wanted to say that the book is great. I love all the pictures and its a very interesting read. I love the fact that my car could actually be in one of them pictures but I will never know for sure. Smile I haven't read it all yet but cant wait to continue the read.

The book quality itself is superb and really nicely presented. I am thrilled to bits with the purchase - Chris and And have done a great job.

Thanks again

Mike
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

Thats a great relief Mike. Big Grin . Thanks for taking the time to respond. ……I was starting to worry…. :oops:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Oh god no Chris, absolutely nothing to worry about Big Grin I am sat at work now eager to get back home to start reading again - that's how good it is :-) there is so much interesting information in it that I had no idea about. It really is great to read

Oh by the way, if you do another book and want my two year BTTF conversion project in it let me know. :wink:
Mike
Bingley, West Yorkshire
VIN 2493

I'm pleased to report that I have finally sorted out my issues with Amazon Europe and the bulk supply should be with them by 15th March.

My special 'newsgroup offer' for signed copies expires this weekend…..Phone 07502 143 433. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Because of the short print run, I fully expect the books to be selling at a premium on eBay before the end of the year.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Please post the Amazon link as soon as it's available Wink
Its there now Domi, if you search for it in Amazon……or try BTTF . But I don't think you can order it until the stock is booked in.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
All right, thank you Tongue
i'm very pleased to announce that DMC Houston is exclusively looking after the book sales in the USA.

Keep an eye out for their announcement, they should be taking pre-orders quite soon.

But with only a few hundred copies available, i'd get my order in without delay!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi All,

The boat arrived and unloaded yesterday…..that's the good news… The bad news is that H.M.C. and E have decided that the container needs an X -Rayed!

I'm not sure if they expect to find ………some dead illegal immigrants or some drugs perhaps?

I knew it was a mistake to order some extra 'Dust covers"……..I wonder what sort of 'Dust' they think we are covering up!

The delays are all at my expense of course…….don't you just love our enforcement officers…? :roll:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:some dead illegal immigrants or some drugs perhaps?
They herd rumors it was something to do with DeLorean, so are ..............wait for it................checking all the door pockets.....................all groan
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584