Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris P's New DeLorean Book....started in 1999!
Guinney1971 Wrote:Having been privileged to have a look at 'Boris 2' this week, you can
certainly put me and Phill down for a copy of the final version Chris.

Thanks Claire, Borris 3 is much better and you will see that yourself this afternoon at the NEC.

One of the biggest problems we have encountered was trying to get the words to flow ..(the time-line)...with the pictures. We have things going off simultaneously at Lotus, Coventry, Belfast and the USA . You get to a point where you decide 'we have done our best'. You could messing with these things for years…then it would never be printed!

Barrie is not the only chap with loads of information on his hands. We have only used less than 50% of the gold dust we have collected…..watch this space! Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Does that mean we might get a volume 2?
Dave S
DOC #479
Wiltshire
Well Dave….It does seem a bit 'previous' to go talking about Vol. 2, when Vol. 1 is not even available yet! …but nearly so.

However, once the current activity is finally over and copies are winging there ways to the new new owners….It does seem a shame to sit on so much unused material. Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I will be eagerly awaiting for a copy here in Australia. Put me on your list to buy one please.
David
VIN 12181
No Problem David, you are already lined up because of the pictures and information you have provided.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P wrote;
Quote:Robert was "Mr DeLorean in the UK', he was the main man everyone contacted when they wanted to know something DeLorean related, or hire a car or whatever.

I wonder if I will get a mention in the book? LOL :lol:

Robert
Well you do actually Robert, for your information about the auction results that you provided.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thank you all the people that pre-ordered their signed copies at the NEC, we are still anticipating deliveries during January.

We DMC (1978) Ltd. are now in possession on a chip and pin machine, so I am now taking orders over the phone from members of this forum. The price is still at the NEC special rate of £40 plus £9 carriage. (The book weighs 4KGS and carriage costs are high). However, I have done a deal with our shipper for up to 4 books in one parcel for the total price of £12 carriage. .But UK mainland only. So if you can arrange to pool your purchase with a friend, to one delivery address it will save money.

BUT please note this is for the UK Mainland only.

Any overseas orders will have to wait until our Amazon account is fully up and running in the next few weeks, where you will be able to pre-order. Again DeLiveries of all of them will be in January 15.

My best contact number is 07502 143 433 If I can't answer right away, please send a text or an email and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

The only reason I am announcing this now is that some people have been in contact about giving the book as a Christmas presents . You can and I will send out an official receipt / order acknowledgement through the post…..but delivery of the book will still be in January.

For security reasons please do not email any payment / bank details, we can do that over the phone.

Any queries or questions feel free to email / text or phone.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi Chirs,

Any idea how much postage will be to Northern Ireland?

I hate how the courier companies get their arm in with the good folk of Northern Ireland and other non mainland UK area's by making us pay extra to get our packages.

Cheers

David
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
Hi David,

I am still looking into that, but I may have a friend coming over to NI in the new year, so that may be a way around. I will put a post up as soon as I know details, but its liable to be a few weeks before I know.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thats great Chris, I will keep and eye out for the update Smile
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
Amazon don't normally post to Australia so I hope something can be sorted out for payment and postage here. Also I am off to Antarctica on Xmas day and then on to Chile and won't be back until late January. Whatever can be done to get me a copy would be great and I can pre pay if required.
Thanks David
We'll sort something out David, don't worry.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris, is there any update on the date please?
Hi Domi,

Christmas has kinda slowed things down. End Jan/ Early Feb for deliveries. The Final edit took much longer than we thought, due our editor being extra busy on his 'day job', ( Editor of a Classic Car Mag.) but he knows his stuff and thats all sorted now. Just printing and shipping now. About 6 weeks.

i'm still taking UK orders at the NEC price and can do it over the phone now. 07502 143 433. All such orders will be numbered signed copies. This service will not be possible via Large sellers like Amazon. Cry

These delays have been irritating and we are both sorry about them, but after 15 years…. a couple of months 'slippage' seems no big deal. ( But i'm sure someone will be happily dancing on our grave). :roll:

We won't be predicting when Vol 2 will be out…….I'll have a load all ready in my garage, BEFORE we announce any delivery dates for them!

Never mind the quality ….feel the width. Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian