Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rules - New Fines - Bad Spelling
Well i'm sure you have all heard about the change to the road rules, and potential for penalties increased, as well as the costs involved, all to start from July 1st.

Here is a link to the changes and the new costs.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... levels.pdf

It's interesting, because in particular, us DMC lot could be subject to heavier fines as a result of breakdowns (mis use of the hard shoulder as a result? i.e. trying to quickly repair the car yourself, i'm sure we're all guilty of that one at one time or another), driving with a/the door(s) open as to potentially cause harm, illegal license plates or even missing license plates, dodgy circuitry for lights causing flickering etc, forgetting to display your newly bought, straight off of SORN, only to be shown for a short and limited time due to a summer outing in the car, TAX DISC...(Pathetic that we all have to pay TAX for these cars considering MOST of us drive the things less than 1,500 miles in a given tax year)

...oh and the dreadful, and inexcusable mis-spelling of the word "miscellaneous" on a GOVERNMENT website in this day and age, on Page 2. :roll:

I for one am happy with most of the new rules, the BIG one of course being the MIDDLE LANE HOGGERS rule! Yey! Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
LOL, I thought you were starting to fine people for bad spelling on this website Smile
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Dangermouse Wrote:LOL, I thought you were starting to fine people for bad spelling on this website Smile
You should see him on facebook,it's like having a school teacher as a friend..!! Tongue .. and for the record..i am also overjoyed at the middle lane
rule....nothing annoys me more than those ignorant gits..!!!
Quote:LOL, I thought you were starting to fine people for bad spelling on this website
Blimey, I would be bankrupt within a week if that were the case!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584