Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imported project car in Kent
Wow. Shock Its almost aircooled VW like! :lol:
I really admire your effort, but would love to know if you knew about this cars condition/issues & BHCars had given you a fair/reasonable description before hand?
I will give those things a go. The mileage on the clock is showing 39k miles so unless the speedo has been broken for some time the engine doesn't have too many miles on it. It would be nice to see what I can get from it, even if the engine is a bit ropey I can do a rebuild after doing the rest of the car and hopefully let the finances recover a little!

The oil is milky so i'd say its full of water. I'll try draining it and putting a bit of diesel into the plug holes.

Thanks again for the info.
Well the frame is coming apart easier than I thought it would, however the rear brakes are being a problem, I don't seem to be able to figure out how to remove them before, although it has been in low light conditions.
Engine crane has arrived so will have to see how tricky the engine removal is!
I remember seeing on here there is someone with new fuel tanks in the UK but I don't seem to be able to find any threads, can anyone help?
As you can see with the hose, it looks like the engine has had the head gasket go, every hose has the white crustiness inside and the oil is grey.
Anyone got a spare engine kicking around?!
tonydrivertraining Wrote:I remember seeing on here there is someone with new fuel tanks in the UK but I don't seem to be able to find any threads, can anyone help?
Give Chris Nicholson a try, he had a load of them in his workshop the last time I was down there.
Tel: 07946 702549
Email: sales@pjgrady.co.uk
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
The rear calipers are accessed from behind using (IIRC) a 17mm socket and a six inch extention, if you look from above the caliper and down you will see the heads of the bolts.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
About the fuel tanks, if Chris N. doesn't have any spare try Chris Parnham or Dave Howarth. Dave had loads of unused tanks and probably still has lots of them...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Well the chassis has finally had the fabrication and welding, and is now off to the powder coaters, however I don't seem to be able to attach photos. One thing I'm very happy to see is that they properly fabricated the closing plate under the fuel tank. I told him he should make a couple of extra ones as I'm pretty sure some people would be interested in having one instead of the normal flat replacements which seem to happen.
Looking to send off the steering rack for refurbishment if anyone can recommend a place to get it done. The shafts are pretty rusty, will there be someone that can shot blast and tidy up that too?
Yeh, pics seem to be an issue. Looking to Rich to create a how to as to how to attach pics on this forum ;-) Blush

Quote:Looking to send off the steering rack for refurbishment if anyone can recommend a place to get it done.
You could try this place from an old topic: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=631
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(23 Feb 2016, 17:04)Chris Williams Wrote: Yeh, pics seem to be an issue. Looking to Rich to create a how to as to how to attach pics on this forum ;-) Blush

Quote:Looking to send off the steering rack for refurbishment if anyone can recommend a place to get it done.
You could try this place from an old topic: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=631
Chris

Thanks for the info, I'll give them a try!