Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean EU Headliner Set (Dark)
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd pop a little post on here to see if there is any interest in a brand-new dark headliner set from DeLorean Europe before I ship it back to Ed.

I bought it for my car & while I love the colour & the material is really lovely, the weave is a little bit too different to my sun-visors & as they've lightened over the years doesn't quite match so I'm going to source my own material.

The centre front & rear inserts are fibre-glass & the door inserts are original fibre-board as Ed said they fit nicer than the fibre-glass.

They're packaged up so I can't take a photo I'm afraid but if you check Ed's site they're on there for 511 Eur & I would take £390 for them but would need to work out shipping as the box is massive!

Cheers!
Oh damn. I would have been. My headliners are not the best. I've never been happy with them, and was thinking to myself to either rip them apart and shape them a bit better or something, and then re-dress them....or of course, just buy "new". I've also thought that if I was to do this, then i'd also put the car back to the original dark colour instead of the lighter colour as I have now (wrong for my car). I've brand new dark visors as of last year, so I bet the headliners would match lovely too.

The unfortunate thing right now though is I just can't afford an unexpected and unnecessary purchase of that amount right now, otherwise I'd be snatching them out of your hand. I'm slowly being made broke by all the expenses of the other cars right now. Garages are making a fortune out of me. Shame. Damn it.

I could manage installments, but not all in one go.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hey Rissy!

I'm slowly being bled dry as well due to other cars. I don't necessarily mind spending money on the 'D' as I want it to be in the best possible condition that I can afford & obviously it's old so parts need replacing. However, it's my Audi that's driving me to the brink at the moment!

I noticed you own an M3 so I'm sure you're familiar with the cost of running performance cars & my S3 has been heavily modified which is something I'm regretting a little bit after 5 years owning since new. It's been through a few clutches, flywheels, fuel-pumps, sets of brakes, chews up tyres which is obviously fun at the time but when something fails every few months it starts to become a burden.

Anyway, if you do fancy them PM me & let me know what you were thinking as obviously I'd prefer to let them go to someone here than ship them all the way back.

Cheers!
S3Envy Wrote:Hey Rissy!

I'm slowly being bled dry as well due to other cars. I don't necessarily mind spending money on the 'D' as I want it to be in the best possible condition that I can afford & obviously it's old so parts need replacing. However, it's my Audi that's driving me to the brink at the moment!

I noticed you own an M3 so I'm sure you're familiar with the cost of running performance cars & my S3 has been heavily modified which is something I'm regretting a little bit after 5 years owning since new. It's been through a few clutches, flywheels, fuel-pumps, sets of brakes, chews up tyres which is obviously fun at the time but when something fails every few months it starts to become a burden.

Anyway, if you do fancy them PM me & let me know what you were thinking as obviously I'd prefer to let them go to someone here than ship them all the way back.

Cheers!

Ok, leave it with me a bit. I'll do some maths and see what I can come up with..... cheers :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy Wrote:The unfortunate thing right now though is I just can't afford an unexpected and unnecessary purchase of that amount right now, otherwise I'd be snatching them out of your hand. I could manage installments, but not all in one go.

Chris Nicholsson makes raw fibreglass headliner pieces. I don't know the price, but I suspect significantly cheaper than Ed's fully covered ones. Of course you have to find and glue on your own material.
Starglider Wrote:
Rissy Wrote:The unfortunate thing right now though is I just can't afford an unexpected and unnecessary purchase of that amount right now, otherwise I'd be snatching them out of your hand. I could manage installments, but not all in one go.

Chris Nicholsson makes raw fibreglass headliner pieces. I don't know the price, but I suspect significantly cheaper than Ed's fully covered ones. Of course you have to find and glue on your own material.

Yeah, he's going to make a set for mine once the rest of the work is finished. My car is the one sitting just in front of yours in his workshop, so be careful around it... :wink:

Gonna order some material samples & see which is the closest match to the sun-visors, hopefully will find a decent match!
Quick bump before I send them back to Ed!