Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW Clock Lens - Available in OEM green or blue or red.
While developing the new LED clock for VIN 10719 I looked into making a new "lens" for the front of the original OEM clock. I got hold of a very damaged lens in order to see how the original was made and have managed to create a complete, new, perfectly fitting replacement.

The new lenses are a simple swap-out replacement for the originals, so if yours is scratched, chipped or damaged in any way then this might be a good alternative!

Available in OEM green, blue or red. It might also be possible to make them in amber and orange, should anyone want them..... £25 including P&P

Note, my clock shown here doesn't work, so at the moment I don't have pictures of them "lit-up". Plus you can see the original, damaged lens on the last picture.

Mark

[Image: lens_green1.jpg]
[Image: lens_blue1.jpg]
[Image: lens_original.jpg]
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Chris mentioned that he lent you one to be the pattern for this when I was there today. He said you were desperate to remove the cruise control and then just had to make something to fill in the hole Wink
lol, that's true. I'll have to let him know its all done now, not to mention return the favour if he needs a new lens. The cruise control was dreadful and I really wanted rid of it straight away. I'll have to let him know that the terrible job the PO did of covering the binnacle has also been sorted out thanks to many man hours of filling, sanding and re-painitng.
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

flux3d Wrote:I'll have to let him know that the terrible job the PO did of covering the binnacle has also been sorted out thanks to many man hours of filling, sanding and re-painitng.

Heh, I spent a couple of hours today drilling massive gaping holes in my binnacle to insert disc magnets. Maybe one day a future owner will curse me for it Smile
LENSES FOR SALE AT THE SUMMER MEET IN WHITBY

I'll be bringing some of these lenses in the OEM green up to the event on Saturday so people can have a look at them and buy them if they want.

£20 for each as a special price for the event. I'll also consider help and assistance for discounts ( RichH for example is getting a free one for a start after he helped me out with the torsion bars the other night.)

I'll also be bringing up a few of the clocks that I've made, which again will be going for a special discount price of £50 at the event (normally £75).

If anyone wants either blue or red as a special to be made and brought up to the event then let me know BEFORE midday on Friday via PM or my email,

Mark@flux3d.co.uk

That way I can sort one out and bring it up as a special for people.

All helps out with the petrol money!
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.