Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted -fuel tank closure plate
Hi all, just wondered if anyone Had a decent second-hand fuel tank closure plate available? Mine has suffered some rust damage and seems to be taking forever at the fabricators being repaired. I know ed does new ones but was hoping for something a bit cheaper or even on a temporary basis until my original one is fixed!

Thanks all! Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
...have you thought about a piece of plyboard, or something a little thicker and more ridged? Formula one style. Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hmm, could do for temporary measures I suppose, good idea! ... but trouble is I still need to get it MOTd this year. Do you reckon it'd pass with a ply one?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
What rules can they throw at you? Paint it grey and make sure it's held tight with the bolts so they can't argue it falling off or coming loose. I'd give it a try. Maybe something like ply, not fibre. It has to take *some* of the weight of a full fuel tank and you don't want it going soggy in any rain you might face. Painted grey and the inspector may not even notice if its made well enough...
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Worth a try - what's the worst that can happen?!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Worth a try - what's the worst that can happen?!

...I'll tell you once you've finished measuring, cutting, painting and fitting it. :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
I am about to remove one myself - it isn't going spare but I could draw it in cad so it could quite easily be laser cut...?
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
stunned_monkey Wrote:I am about to remove one myself - it isn't going spare but I could draw it in cad so it could quite easily be laser cut...?

Do you intend to make one in stainless steel with the same shape of the original?
Nah - just something that could do the job in place of an original
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
All right, thanks!
Hey Martin - thanks very much for the offer - the fabricators have promised me it'll be ready for Friday, so don't do anything until then - however I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed!

I'll be in touch to decide the best way to proceed after Friday I guess...

Having said that, Ed does have stainless ones available for about Eur180 so if it came to getting hold of a new one, I could just head for one of those instead... Probably the simplest option

Thanks Martin!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126