Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throttle microswitch adjustment
Another day, another thing to fix Big Grin After the car has been running for a while (about 15 minutes or so) the car starts to stick in a high idle (around 1800 RPM). Having read online about this issue, I tripped the microswitch on the throttle control and idle returned down to the expected 775 RPM.

So I need to adjust my idle screws, not a problem! Using the following as a reference;

[Image: idle-speed-adj.jpg]

I have found my microswitch adjustment screw to be rusted in-place tight, and my idle speed screw to be rusted in to the retaining bolt, but itself moving very loose within the bracket.

So my question is; Is it worth cleaning the rust of the bolts and attempting to re-use them or should I look at replacing them? If keeping the originals, how best do you think I can adjust the idle speed screw so it stays tight in the bracket?

I haven't found a cross reference or sizing details for them, so if the consensus is to replace then I would greatly appreciate it if someone could share the sizing details so I don't have to attempt to measure it all myself Big Grin
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Hmm,. pretty sure it'll be a standard thread, looks like M4 or M5 from here.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126