Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stainless Exhaust from club shop
wilddelorean Wrote:Just a note, I purchased a new SES ss exhaust kit from Stephen ayr41 who got it from the company in Nottingham SES, but please note it was not a simple bolt on replacement, it took ages, the alternator bracket has to be chopped and redesigned with a really short fan belt, alternator wiring has to be lengthened and heat wrapped, the exhaust had to be heat wrapped as it was too close with no shield, lambda sensor wires had to be chopped and extended, tailpipes sit on rear plastic bumper valance and melted it! not happy with it at all, beware anyone thinking of getting one, on the plus sound more power and a lovely sound but not a straight forward replacement like you would think.

Hi, I have fitted 3 of these Exhausts over the years and I have had no problem with the fit at all. I wouldn't tell people to beware of getting one, as yours is the first I have heard of having a problem. Yes, the exhaust is close to the wiring and alternator but I also used heat wrap to prevent any potential problems.

The main advise I would give is to assemble the exhaust loosely in place on the car, line up the rear box to the rear fascia and then tighten up the bolts. If the exhaust does not fit or line up as expected, something else is not as it should be. These could be, alignment of the rear fascia, bent exhaust brackets, worn engine mounts, altered alternator bracket, incorrect size bolts on the exhaust as that would allow play in the alignment.

TBH the worst part of this job is removing the old rusty exhaust!

Can you post some pictures too as we would love to help you solve this issue.

We are a helpful bunch, I'm sure there's a club member near you who would like to help a fellow owner.

[Image: 100_0558-1.jpg]

[Image: 100_0603.jpg]
DOC 116
VIN 6237