Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Dead Delorean
Top man! Big Grin Stu's down in Ware was painted silver at one point and that came out all OK. Though cant remember the full history of it. But it's unlikley all the panels would be damaged anyway (I would have thought)

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Dangermouse Wrote:Not necessarily, but certainly a possibility. There have been a few cars stripped back to SS recently with minimal to no damage, except that caused by the prep work for the painting.

Any other colour I'd agree, previous owner may have just wanted a different look to the car, but why would you paint a metallic silver car with gloss silver paint, if not to hide panel problems?

We'll find out when Rob gets the stripper out!
RobScott Wrote:oooooh sweet Big Grin cheers Guinney!

no probs mate, I saw it and thought of you lol :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Smile yey thank you so much Big Grin

how wierd is it that the day after i buy a delorean, one turns up right near where i live the next day... lol :lol: spooky
they're getting like buses these DeLorean's :lol:
Rob

Good to see you yesterday - hope the shipping goes well!

Matthew
Hi Matthew, was good to meet you.

i posted some photos in another thread on here, hope you dont mind.
the car looks real neat Smile

Well i have paid the deposit on then delorean, and sorted out shipping, so its just a case of transfering the rest of the cash and waiting... Big Grin
The waiting is a killer, then you get the car and the fun really begins Wink
i hate waiting Sad

so excited i feel sick, its like christmas Big Grin

the shipper is ready to go, so just a case of slapping the cash in the guys account, and its all ready to go Big Grin
nice one, is it coming from the West Coast? Mine did, takes about 6 weeks, and the ship has
to go through the Panama Canal.

Where do you pick it up this end? Some get there cars at Southampton Docks, but I had to
go to Tilbury Docks for mine.
its from the east coast, from lynchburg, Varginia.

I'll be picking it up from Southampton, alltho i live in Lancashire i work in southampton now and again.. so may be able to pick it up when i go down.
Your new car looks quite tidy compared to when I first bought Vin 522!

I recon that its not as bad as it looks, the engine cradle does not look rotten, difficult to say I know, but i think it looks good value.

Even if you don't plan to use the engine yourself, take a bit of trouble to flush out the fuel system and have a go at getting it running. I'd be amazed if it was not running in a couple of days. Then if you don't need it, or intend to use it, you have a good spare engine for someone else.

If you don't like the look of it when you get it back to the UK, i'll give you a £500 profit (on all your costs) on it, sight unseen. Well done!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
hey chris, i was thinking of putting a 305 chevy motor in, but thats when i was looking for an un-complete wrecked car.

but seeing as though this is a complete car, it will be keeping its motor.

Defo loosing the paint though.

I think, once i get it over here, i'll get it running, put it on the road, register it, and use it as it is for now, (thats what i did with my truck)

[Image: 534868_10152702575880646_1949155299_n.jpg]

Then in the future take it off the road and give it a full resto.

Theres no way i'll be selling it, I have a list of cars to own, and ive owned nearly every one apart from a Delorean and a Ferrari F40. not bad seeing as though i'm 28 Big Grin
You see....28.......its not bull s**t I give to these journalist about the average age of DeLorean owners!
Well done and good luck with the car.

Talk to Dave Howarth, in Manchester before you go paying "retail" for any bits for it, he has a vast knowledge and good range of stuff available, but a personal visit, after a phone call is the best way to deal with him.

Good luck with the car.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
yeah i thought that whan i read the article and it said the average owner is 28 :lol:

Is Dave on here, or do you have a contact number/email address for him?

I work in Manchester, so could allways nip in an see him Big Grin