Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vin 11766 for sale
Well done on your new car, I'm sure you will be pleased with it. My old one went to Germany as well! must be the only place in the EU with any money :lol:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Marwood..... you have pm, we maybe able to help each other out on the headlights.

regards
Dave
Hi Marwood,

I have to admit I am a bit jealous since when I contacted the seller you were already there and made the deal.
Don't get me wrong please, congratulation to the great car, I continue searching and perhaps we can meet once.

As mentioned in my intro I live in the Stuttgart area

best rgds,
Ulli
Congrats on the purchase Marwood, and ENJOY !!!!!!! Big Grin

BTW - you will probably find someone here who is importing a car from the USA
at the mo and will need your UK headlights Wink
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
In which case it will need sidelights as the current setup is Hellas and Halos.

There is a Bosch light which is only available for right hand traffic.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Well, its gone to its new owner, although as is sods law the lower speedo cable failed on it.

The trials and tribulations of DeLorean ownership I guess..

So if anyone can give Simon a hand with how to change the lower speedo cable (and if there is a pattern part ref or if its DMC europe only) I'm sure he'll be very grateful. (moreso if you are anywhere near Darmstadt in Germany) Big Grin

In the meantime, its been a pleasure being a part of the elite club known as a DeLorean Owner, and thank you for all your help!!!
- Ex Vin 11766 -
Speedograph Richfield in Nottingham can supply speedo cables (they also do the angle drives).

Details on t'interweb, although not sure if they'll post to Germany, or if you'll need to buy one
and send it over to him.
Guinney1971 Wrote:Speedograph Richfield in Nottingham
If they're as speedy as they were making the angle drives, they may just have the cable ready by Christmas Smile
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Must be something in the name - "Speedy" cables only took 5 months to fix a dashboard clock from my Renault :roll:
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Speedycables and Speedograph are two seperate companies. I stopped selling the angle drives because Speedograph messed me around so much. Speedycables on the other hand I've found live up to their name - at least with regards handbrake cables. They make the special cables for my 4-pot brake kit.

To the OP - is it the lower speedo cable, or the stub axle cable - ie part of the angle drive? It's PROBABLY one of my speedograph angle drives which they can repair for you.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
tbh, I've not ordered anything from Speedograph for ages, as they took so long to make
the last batch of angle drives - the quality is good, but they're abit of an old fashioned
engineering company, and 'speed' isn't one of their core company qualities from experience.

However, they did apparently make the original angle drive's and speedo cable for the DeLorean
hence why we used them.
Hi,

well, i made it back to Darmstadt in 1 piece!

though it did manage to develop a gear shift issue along the way,

2nd 3rd 4th 5th and reverse are all fine, but when changing into first, i most of the time i don't get anything(or just crunching of gears), but if i hold the stick in place and bring the clutch up slowly whilst keeping the revs up it will then engage 1st

this meant having to pull away in 2nd, and then due to a huge traffic jam an overheated clutch. but once it cooled down and the traffic cleared we got back ok.

any suggestions as to what gear shift problem could be?

Simon
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766
actually, ive started a thread on the gearshift issues in the transmission forum,
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4675

probably best to post suggestions on that in case anyone else encounters a similar problem.
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766
AH - now things become clearer - don't forget your car was an automatic which has been converted.... All bets are suddenly off as it depends heavily on how the gearstick has been mounted
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
i got in touch with these guys as they're only a couple of hours away
http://www.deloman.de/

they have some cables in stock and seem as though they may be able to do something about my first gear problem if it turns out to be more than adjusting the cable or the pivot bolt
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766