Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Car Mats.
A few months ago one of our club members (Nick Mabbett) sent me some pics of a set of DeLorean mats that he had done for his car. He had supplied the company with his old ones and they used these as a pattern. I have just purchased a set for my car and thought it a good idea to post pictures of these along with the company details/price paid Etc, so if any one needs a set it may help someone out. Again thanks to Nick for sorting this new supplier out.
The company is http://www.justmatz.co.uk The mats are of a very high quality and perfect fit, you can specifiy the mat colour/edging colour and logo colour (if required) I went for black mats with black edging and silver DMC logo, plus a heel mat. The only thing I did not ask for but got was holes to fix them to the origional carpet. I dont think these are needed on a 'D' but we shall see. Any way pics are below price is: £65.00 per set of two for the executive mat plus £9.00 delivery. heel mat is an extra £6.00 if you want it. They dont list these on the website so you will need to contact them to order but they do a very quick turnaround and the mats are very good quality.
Chris, again thanks to Nick for this info.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
My originals were falling apart when I bought LEX. I had to reinforce the backs of each to stave or further wearing, and falling apart. Been ok since. Still thick and lush. 8)

These do look like nice mats though. Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
my driver's side one (if I can find it in the garage somewhere) needs re-inforcing again.

There aren't 'fixings' in the DeLorean carpet for attaching mats, so its a shame these come
with pre-fitted holes.

Nice looking though Chris, not sure my pennies will stretch to a set of those at that price Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
...you know....I was just thinking about this again, and I'll tell you what I DO need. A boot mat. I see from their website that they also do boot mats. Might be worthwhile taking some measurements, and getting them to make these up too. My old mat has seen better days. It's ruffled, skewed out of shape and also shrunk!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Quote:There aren't 'fixings' in the DeLorean carpet for attaching mats, so its a shame these come
with pre-fitted holes.
You just need to do what I did not and tell them not to put them in :roll: They are however very good mats and whilst I'm not trying to get everyone to go out and buy a set it was more aimed at people like me who have a car with none (correction I have a P/X side) Again it's just to give people an option. I dont know what the vendors charge so cant comment on price.

Quote:...you know....I was just thinking about this again, and I'll tell you what I DO need. A boot mat. I see from their website that they also do boot mats. Might be worthwhile taking some measurements, and getting them to make these up too. My old mat has seen better days. It's ruffled, skewed out of shape and also shrunk!
would not harm, though you might want to borrow one that has not shrunk! :lol:

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
At some point I need to get a new set for my car, not because they are worn, but I'd like to keep the originals in good condition. Smile

Is it me (I could just be being picky here) or does the DMC logo look a little off?

A set of mat's are ball park £100 from Ed plus shipping.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
crikey, so the set of 4 carpet mats I bought locally for my Grand Scenic for less then a tenner
were a bargain then!! :wink: :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Glad you like the mats Chris, however, it is a bit annoying that they put the carpet-fixing holes in considering you asked them not to! I must say though, I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out considering my after-market mats appear generic in the way they fit my car.

The DMC logo was a high-res scan from my original owners manual, I think it may have been a tad cleaner than the way it has been reproduced but there are so many different variations in thickness, letter-spacing all over the car & this felt the most true to form on paper.
Quote:however, it is a bit annoying that they put the carpet-fixing holes in considering you asked them not to!
To be fair I didn't ask them not to, I was looking at the pictures you sent me that did not have them so I 'assumed' they would not put them in (as it turns out I was wrong) However there so far back you cant really see them. But as I mentioned there great mats really good quality and perfect fit.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
They are lovely, must order a pair!good job.
David Hamblyn
Vin# 16339
Ordered myself a set of these (minus the fixing holes) and they arrived today. I have to say they are some of the nicest looking car mats I have owned (they look and feel top quality too).

Very happy with them, highly recommended - good stuff Big Grin
Stephen Partt
Bristol
Hi Steve,

Any chance of a PM with the details to order myself a set.

Thanks,
Rich
Vin 5921
I have a set of the reproduction mats the DMC vendors sell. They are very nice and extremely thick pile carpet, but they are pretty expensive at $150.00 a set. My only complaint is there is no heel pad.

Those mats look like a perfect option.