Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd/4th SLDG gear.
Hi All

Does anyone have one of the above for a '81 manual transmission they are willing to sell me? Mine is badly burred and needs replacing (picture below). I thought I had located one with Ed, but it has turned out to be quite different and ultimately no good at all Sad .

Let me know please.

Thanks
Steve
Stephen Partt
Bristol
Eeek, any idea what caused this (out of interest) thought these boxes were supposed to be very good.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
No it is rare to have any transmission issues I agree.

Appraently they found what they thought was the cause of the failure. There are three synchronising springs one was broken in half, thus not pushing a roller pin up, their guess is that the other 2 roller pins engaged, where as the third did not. So the gear did not engage with equal pressure, hence the burrs and damage to my part.

Best guess really.

GTO racing ltd support the Renault 369 gear box. And appear to have all parts available off the shelf. So if anyone has a transmission related problem they could be worth a call.

Steve
Stephen Partt
Bristol
sorry mate mate all the b/s aside what gear what synchro set are you looking for....is it a 3rd gear synchro kit y you are lookng for?

dave
[quote="Thrust Washer"]sorry mate mate all the b/s aside what gear what synchro set are you looking for....is it a 3rd gear synchro kit y you are lookng for?

DOH..... :wink: Glad you got sorted had to many beers when I posted above.....yeah alot of the Renault bauliking rings will transfer
from one box to the next.