Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTTF Car at Gaydon Heritage Centre
just been on the website for the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon, and they
say that coming soon they've got the Back to the Future DeLorean.

Anyone know who's car it is? I wonder if its Clive's car that is currently at
Beaulieu?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Must get up to Gaydon again at some point!
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
Posted it on the other forum but forgot to post this here, from a press release I "acquired", Owner is Clive Priest.

"The Heritage Motor Centre has just taken delivery of a new famous exhibit – a recreation of the DeLorean car that starred in the Hollywood blockbuster ‘Back to the Future’. The car, which arrived on Monday 18 March, is on loan from its owner indefinitely and looks set to be a star attraction whilst on display. Although a replica from the film, the car has all the kit including the flux capacitor and the dash board is signed by Christopher Lloyd who played the original Dr Emmett “Doc” Brown in the film. The owner uses the car to raise money for charity and will be attending some of the major events at the HMC dressed up as the “Doc”, whom he incidentally closely resembles!

Amid a glare of media interest, the first DeLorean cars left the Northern Ireland factory in January 1981 built for the American market. Sales in America were disappointingly low and the company subsequently collapsed. Made famous by the Back to the Future films and infamous by the exploits of its creator, the car is like no other. Just over 9,000 were built and most are in North America. Only a handful of right-hand drive models exist, primarily in England, Ireland and Australia. The car has gullwing doors meaning the doors go up rather than out in a space no larger than 13".

Stephen Laing, Curator at the Heritage Motor Centre stated” We are delighted to have the infamous DeLorean car on loan to us from its owner. The car already caused a great stir when it arrived and I’m sure it will prove to be a very popular exhibit!”

Entry fees to the HMC Museum are: Adults £12, Child £8 (5-16 years) under 5 free, Concessions £10 & Family £34 (2 adults & up to 3 children). For more information about any of these events please visit www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk or call 01926 641188. "
- Ex Vin 11766 -
This BTTF car is the one I thought I had sold to Glen H, for a very modest price....it turned out that the money was supplied by Clive. Relations between the two soon went sour and Clive then used the car for charity events..

The BTTF kit was the first set Chris N made and I originally had it fitted to "lefty" vin 20049, but after a while I realised that it was a waste to have the kit on such a nice car (1983 110 miles from new) No one ever looked at the car underneath! I eventually swapped all the kit on to "Herman" a run of the mill auto, formally owned by Andrew W.

For into,..... I offered Gaydon free use of Dusty and later vin 510. They declined both, saying that they had no room!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
we've also offered one of our Cavaliers - the last one ever built at Luton - to both Gaydon
and also the Vauxhall Heritage Centre to either buy or have on loan, and they said they
had no space either when we contacted them recently.
Yes, Yes!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
its been several years since it appeared at the NEC representing the Club though.