Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Garage.....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESJ5GgHsm40&list=UU_3B3BZrVBGPpOB5DVTT9zA&index=1[/youtube]
This link doesnt give pics in any particular order unfortunately... its a bit mix and mash....

But it outlines the whole car / toy / clock / collections I have going on!

Enjoy!

http://s270.beta.photobucket.com/user/th...s%20Garage
Hi... Sorry for being so vague.. I got this a bit back to front!

I was bored so I decided to outline some of the benefits where I keep my D and other vehicles...

I guess I am very lucky as I only share this lockup with one loyal friend, who keeps little there in comparison to me.

If you asked me how many cars I could get in there, I guess it would be over 20...

Most of the offices and facilities we dont use as this warehouse was designed to run a business from...

We have gone to extreme measures to secure the place physically blocking up doorways with blocks where possible, to prevent opportunity break ins...

The outside forecourt area is basically locked wooden gates which is pretty lame, but beyond the caged quadruple locked alarmed front door lies an inner door which is a cage plated with 5mm sheet steel and a small hole only allowing hand access to bolt on a strategically placed disc padlock.. on the inside... Door is bolted through walls and bolts rounded off and hinges boxed and welded over.... Should the first door give in, you are basically faced with a door you can beat till the cows come home....

Similar story for the roller door but if someone wants to drive a 4x4 through gats and a roller door, i guess thats not gonna be your average opportunist!

Carefully planned, we have even caged most of the skylights but should someone get in, we have made it so they cant get out with anything....

Insurance is always the key though and with power we now have a full operational cctv system and a paging alarm system which texts either of us in the event of any disturbances...

Anyway, please enjoy my photo album below...

http://s270.beta.photobucket.com/user/th...tory/14881

Ben
great collection there Ben, and great that you've got it so well protected too Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
That is a seriously nice collection.....that garage should be open to the public on bank hloidays..!!...LOL..
Absolutely awesome man cave you've got there Ben, should be in an underground bunker! I remember Speak& Spell being used in an Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark track, never thought I'd see one. I'm surprised you haven't got an EDD 209 on guard, you're definitely a child of the 80s! Nice 8)
ps shouldn't the DMCs handbrake be left off?!
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Thanks fellas... usually the handbrake is off by default....

I guess i am lucky but i long to fill my passions...

It can only get better... I guess im gonna be like one of them hoarders on dirty britain....but for all the right reasons x

Mr P
...so when am I coming round your man pad for a sleep over Ben?! Reckon once i'm in that garage, i'd be set for the weekend. No need to leave as far as I can see! 8)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy Wrote:...so when am I coming round your man pad for a sleep over Ben?! Reckon once i'm in that garage, i'd be set for the weekend. No need to leave as far as I can see! 8)

Thats half the snag...

I generally spend all day sunday there but the biggest problem for me is how far it is from home...

My buddy lives just 2 mins away yet im 40 minutes or 25 miles away...

But its worked for me for 2 years and its always a day out to look forward to during the week... Ive usually got a list of stuff to do by the weekend..

Had to help my father sort the handbrake on his mercedes ML yesterday so thats swallowed 2 hours....

Another disadvantage is everyone wants to come and use the ramp or the hoover or just do a quick job which usually ends up with me getting involved... swallowing up my precious time lol...

Pros and cons with everything eh?

;-)