Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Brearley - 100 Years of Stainless Steel!
Chris P Wrote:Hi all,

In addition to what has already been said on this subject.

The company has asked that "our own Barrie Wills", former Director of purchasing as DMCL, who was actually responsible for placing the muti-million £ order with British Steel.... to do a brief presentation about the DeLorean involvement.

Our club president, Dave Howarth has already agreed to take his RHD car, WIA, to be the star attraction on their "suppliers day" on Thursday June 13th. Andy Withers is co-ordinating our involvement on the thursday. ( and doubtless raiding their historical documents as well!)

More info as it emerges.

Good publicity for us and the car.

I might be able to go along for a little while on the Thursday, but I'd need to get back for getting Kez to school at 12.15pm
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Im just hoping my car will be on the road in time for for the June events.

Finally got the fans working correctly following expert Rich's attention yesterday.

Im looking for a correct Bosch coil.......any leads folks? we cooked mine.....(black gunk everywhere) by leaving the ignition on whilst we faffed about)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:Im looking for a correct Bosch coil.......any leads folks? we cooked mine.....(black gunk everywhere) by leaving the ignition on whilst we faffed about)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2696

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
KMI have never had a problem sourcing me one direct from Bosch. I'd personally steer clear of the cross-references, but it may jus tbe my paranoia!
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I might be able to come up from Melton Mowbray with VIN 10719. It'll be her first real outing to a club event since I got her in December. I had the car out on Friday and Sunday for a couple of small events here in Melton and she went down very well indeed. I even had an offer to buy her from a guy within twenty minutes of turning up on Friday!

All the interior has (just about) been re-done. The new carpets from Dave H are looking great. He even managed to get me a couple of the lower door sections to make sure everything matched. Just need to sort both the cold and warm start issues now. A new fuel accumulator should solve the hot start issue, but god knows about the cold start issue....

Anyway, be nice to see everyone and the event sounds very interesting.
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
If I could have your details I'll pass them onto Tim as a maybe then? Smile
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
Any more people attending at all?
Paul Bardill

Do you have any plans/ bookings for the Friday? I might be able to head up for a few hours...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Scrap that, apparently I have plans...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I've not heard anything from the organisers after you passed on my details. Is it still all going ahead on the Saturday? Whats the plan?
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Still happening as far as I know. I'll give Tim a call at work tomorrow Smile
Paul Bardill

Phill and I will deffo be there on the Saturday with our two cars, and I'm pretty sure
RichH is planning on going too.

Paul, if you can get up to our house, you're more then welcome to a lift in either Flopsy
or Sorbet - it all depends on which car Kez decides she wants to go in as to who has the
spare seat lol
Thanks Claire! That shouldn't be a problem Smile

I've just been in touch with Tim.
We've suggested an arrival time of between 10:00 and 11:00, which seems quite reasonable. I said that it was unlikely we'd be going anywhere until around 16:00 and 17:00.

He also asked if anybody was interested in going on the tour round the site, to which I said yes, so at some point we'll be able to do that. We've also got free food and a supply of tea/coffee too.

I should have some more details when Tim replies to my e-mail I sent him. Smile

Paul
Paul Bardill

nice one Paul, thanks for organising this, should be a good day out and something
different too Smile
Few more details from Tim.

have had a discussion with John McLean-Searle (our Head of Security) about siting the 3 Deloreans on Saturday 15 June 2013 and we have identified a location adjacent to our visitors car park and our Sheffield Bar Business. This location will give the Deloreans maximum exposure on the day because all the visitors will have to walk past the vehicles on their way to our reception marquee.

You can arrive at our site any time after 08:30 hours, however sometime between 10:00 and 11:00 will be fine if this fits with any specific arrangements you need to make. As discussed, we can arrange for any of your group to join some of the site tours during the day. I expect the day to end by 18:00 at the latest with most people having left our site by 17:30.

Our site is situated on Europa Link which runs between Shepcote Lane and the Sheffield Parkway. The Sheffield Parkway is the link between the M1 motorway (Junc 33) and Sheffield City Centre. Our post code (for Sat Navs) is S9 1TZ.

Please report to our security gatehouse on arrival and the guards will direct to the above location. They will inform me when you all arrive so I can pop round and meet you.
Paul Bardill