Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN 12306 'Auryn' : RHD rebuild
that car is looking more awesome with every update 8)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Fascias painted and on the car;

[Image: fascias_zps423df398.jpg]

Stainless spoiler needs a little more detail work; the slots will be made to look like the lower rear fascia cooling slots, 3rd brake light LEDs inserted, rubber gaskets at the ends where it meets the fibreglass.
Back end nearly done, including the folding stainless hook solution to support the engine cover from the louvres;

[Image: rear-collage_zps0250a146.jpg]

Unfortunately one of the stainless steel letters has gone missing somewhere in the workshop, should turn up eventually.

The front is less visually interesting but still Chris did a great job with the aligment;

[Image: front-collage_zps5f361207.jpg]
Cant wait to see this Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Looks FAB! Any chance of it being on the NEC stand?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:Looks FAB! Any chance of it being on the NEC stand?

Thanks, maybe, not sure if I'm free that weekend. I am planning to do a Land's End to John O Groats convoy run with some friends in the autumn, haven't confirmed the dates yet.
it would be awesome to have that on the Club stand, LETJOG you can do anytime, but
the NEC is the big one Smile
Guinney1971 Wrote:it would be awesome to have that on the Club stand, LETJOG you can do anytime, but
the NEC is the big one Smile

Ah but would AURYN fit into the NEC stand with the TARDIS trailer attached? It's another seven feet of length. Smile
pah, a minor detail
Nothing to report on the car sadly but here are some of the key components of the trailer;

[Image: tardis3_zpsa6bfa56f.jpg]

[Image: tardis2_zps01c7e8f3.jpg]

currently assembling them on this chassis;

[Image: trailer-2_zps090b726b.jpg]

will scrap the generic light board and replace with side pods containing DeLorean tail light clusters, hopefully also scrap nasty wheels and replace with DeLorean fronts.
Difficult to get a scale from the pictures, but it's sure gonna look good, a DeLorean appearing out of a TARDIS!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:Difficult to get a scale from the pictures, but it's sure gonna look good, a DeLorean appearing out of a TARDIS!

It's pretty big; 3 metres tall, 1.5 metres square. Track width on the trailer is about 15cm more than the DMC-12. I've seen replicas of the classic Who series boxes at sci-fi conventions and there are like phone boxes in size. The new who ones have much more presence, solid and imposing.
Nearly had to cancel taking AURYN back to Ed for final tune this week due to a couple of welds failing on my flatbed trailer last week;

[Image: broken_zps0b64ad69.jpg]

Fortunately I was able to convince a friend to come over and fix it today - I really need to learn to weld, as it is I owe him a lot of beers!

[Image: welding_zps2b5cde2d.jpg]

[Image: fixed_zpscd21e7ce.jpg]

Also completed the headliners with electroluminescent / stainless logos (matching the sills); didn't come out as neat as I would have liked, getting that fabric to lay flat and glue without matting is quite tricky.

[Image: headliners2_zps4ff07628.jpg]

I tried to cut a closer outline around the letters but had to give up, it looked ragged even with my sharpest trimming knife. Even so, I like them more than the stock ones.

[Image: headliner_zpsc5e8f4a3.jpg]
good work fella Mr Green
I Like the headliner idea but is there a material out there that will allow the light to glow through it instead. Loving the details on this car btw
Maybe something like this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Light-Grey-fo ... 1202537360

but need experimenting with. Mr Green
DOC 116
VIN 6237