Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN 12306 'Auryn' : RHD rebuild
Quote:What is actually going into the Tardis trailer? Camping kitchen? Hammocks? Is it a trailer-tent?
Anything, it's a TARDIS open the door and keep chucking stuff in. Just watch out for the cyberman (or as my 5 year old calls them Ciderman) throwing it back at ya! :lol:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
What about the gearbox wasn't working?
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
88mph Wrote:Good to hear things have turned a corner and are on the up for you.
What is actually going into the Tardis trailer? Camping kitchen? Hammocks? Is it a trailer-tent? Big Grin

Currently, breeze blocks, as I haven't fully ballasted the chassis yet. I think it will be handy for luggage with the Delorean though. Smile

stunned_monkey Wrote:What about the gearbox wasn't working?

The main problem was that the LSD was slightly offset from the centerline causing one of the shafts to be not fully engaged. The secondary problem was the linkage was not adjusted properly. Also Ed somehow broke the gear shift shaft when tuning on the dyno; I've replaced it with a stainless one.
Slowly getting there; I'm making up a tail light wiring harness at the moment (didn't find one with the rest of the parts).

[Image: dmc-garage-rear_zpsudsiurwt.jpg]

I am using the original tail light circuit boards as bulb mounts only; I replaced the edge connectors with modern waterproof connectors and ran the wires directly to the bulb sockets. I don't have a engine bay light switch (the switch or the mounting) and the area is taken up by the ignition drivers, so I have fitted a couple of magnetic proximity switches under the engine cover groove controlling a couple of engine bay lights on the rear bulkhead (with LED bulbs). The harness also powers the fog lights and the EL drivers for the logo highlight (haven't actually put in the EL wires yet). The 13-pin trailer socket and ultrasonic sensors are on separate harnesses.

I liked Martin's use of spider LED bulbs for the tail lights, so I have ordered a pair. I have decided to make my own side markers from loose LEDs, since Tomico couldn't complete his custom side markers project.
Fitted 6 x freshly powdercoated wheels with 6 x Vredestein Sportrac 5 tyres (the extra pair of fronts went on the trailer).

Chris welded up some stainless rear parts for the TARDIS trailer;

[Image: stainless-bits_zpswgvrby0p.jpg]

They look good now that they are cleaned up.

[Image: stainless-bits2_zps6v8kaqcf.jpg]

I still need to dremel the cut outs for the lights, bolt in some support beams, trim the inside walls and mount them on the back of the trailer.
Unfortunately it's been a busy few months and not much progress on the DeLorean. Still slowly addressing the outstanding electrical work.

I have decided to build a new 3 car garage to house the DeLorean and my SUV project. The wife is keen to free up a bedroom in the house; a new garage will allow the existing garage to become a home office. It will be dug into the hill in front of the house and there will be a basement level for storage of parts, tools and computers. This should make it much easier to work on the cars; the existing garage is pretty cramped, only enough room to open one gullwing door at a time.

[Image: gss-p2-lowres_zpshbuemmzw.png]

[Image: gpp-p2-lowres_zps72ey6f8z.png]

[Image: glp-p2-lowres_zpsjecn5iuq.png]
Great stuff!
Your garage can never be ' too big' ….they always get full. I like the idea of the underground room, I did one myself a few houses ago, but there is a lot of extra time and expense in keeping out the water. You could also rig up a hoist over your stair-well and store heavy items down there as well.

lots of interesting engineering challenges ahead. Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Wow, what a build. Have you had it priced?
blimey, makes our garage plans look slightly insignificant lol
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Chris P Wrote:Your garage can never be ' too big' ….they always get full. I like the idea of the underground room, I did one myself a few houses ago, but there is a lot of extra time and expense in keeping out the water.

I need a well ventilated room to keep all my computers. Of course the danger is with that much storage space, I might be tempted to take on an additional project car... or two Smile

88mph Wrote:Wow, what a build. Have you had it priced?

Yes, I'm at the planning application stage. Around here the house prices are pretty crazy, so you see a lot of retrofit basements and elaborate extensions instead of people just moving to a bigger house.
Sadly, no progress on the DeLorean this year. Our son was born in December at 26 weeks 0 days, and spent a lot of time in the intensive care unit. Fortunately no permenant complications but it was touch and go for a while. I have mostly been working on preparation for the new garage build and had to spend some time fixing the VehiCROSS (4x4). Planning permission took six months but things are finally starting to happen now;

[Image: dig1_zps8jg173pu.jpg]

[Image: dig2_zpskh2ht623.jpg]

[Image: p5-upper-walls_zpsac8kizso.png]

[Image: p3-lower-walls_zps1gr4dxl1.png]

[Image: p8-side-section_zpsjfizwufp.png]

[Image: p10-rear-section_zpsm6dqiiny.png]

[Image: p11-front-elevation_zpsdtk8rd0s.png]

[Image: p10-side-elevation_zps4p4buq0o.png]

Will have room for 3 cars and a fair amount of tools on the top level, patio and planter on the roof, and a combined research lab + home cinema with toilet/shower room, plant room & wet bar on the bottom level.

Once that is built I can hopefully get back to the DeLorean. I have been running the engine once a month and still working ok so far.
Garage envy Big Grin Idea Sleepy
Good luck with the little one, been down that route with premature twins (30 wks) hard work but worth it in the end (i'm told)
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584