Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New car (for the missus!)
Just picked up today the new addition to the fleet-Martha the 1968 Morris Minor 1000 has arrived! Not quite the classic British E Type Carolyn expected, but it's a reliable, easy to repair, piece of motoring history-I worked on Moggy vans in a job years ago and am amazed how easy they are to drive. Stored in a shed for 20 years then recommisioned with a bit of welding and a godawful respray it was mobile up till 2 years ago before being bought as a project by an enthusiast who sadly was unable to carry on with the restoration.
Most of it is replacing wings and the boot, got cheap on eBay, and a decent paint job. Should be done by Spring next year! (that's the plan unless Ol'Stainless has any upsets!)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
cool !!

you gonna keep it brown Mr Brown or paint it a funky shade of stainless-effect silver?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Well done Brian! Big Grin

Glad you managed to get it in the end. Good luck with the restoration.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Is that garden hose I see making a connection to the heater core?

Regardless, should be a fun restoration Smile
Yup, that is a section of garden hose! Previous owner 'repaired' it temporarily! I removed it and looped the return hose back on to its stub so I can run it up to heat-after a thorough check with a screwdriver prodded a few holes in the body shell but its not bad at all, already got covered in rust flakes and crap that accumulated under the arches! Left all the wing retaining nuts soaking in release fluid for the weekend attack-after owning and working on the DMC for years, this is a scary thing. Surprisingly all the nuts & bolts so far have come off without any aggro, thats got to change!
Sorry Claire, but its going to be a BMC colour white-no metallics!
P.S., if any body knows of Moggy bits for sale, please let me know!
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!