Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member, just no new car yet!
Thought I'd say hi after joining the club and forum. Names Mark and I'm based up here in sunny (at the moment) Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire (go on, get the pork pie jokes in now, you know you want to).

No De Lorean at the moment, although I very nearly managed to bag Vin #6064 on Sunday which Martyn was selling on ebay. Alas, it wasn't to be. However, after loving the look of the car for ages I've decided to sort out one of my own. Just need to save a few more pennies etc. In the meantime I need to actually see one in real life! Never set eyes on one "in the flesh", so expect to see me at the next available event.

In the meantime I'll keep my eyes open on-line, maybe see what's involved in importing from the states and doing it up. I'm pretty hands on with most stuff. Not too much experience with cars, but that won't stop me picking it up. I'm a teacher of Product Design, so have access to plenty of tools etc. Plus, used to be a silversmith, so sorting out any dented panels will be a piece of cake. Maybe its a service I can offer to the club in the future (once i have proven results).

Mark
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Welcome to the Club and the Forum Mark, and as I said on the email, there's always
plenty going on in the East Midlands in the way of events, so feel free to come along
to some, say hello, get up close and personal (ooer missus) to the cars and enjoy yourself Smile

You'll always be made very welcome - plus we've also got our main event in Yorkshire next
June, and whether or not you have a DeLorean, it will be great to have you there Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks Claire. Everyone seems very welcoming and helpful. Can't wait to meet some of the club in the flesh, not to mention the cars as well! Get up close and personal (with the cars). When is the exact date of the event in Yorkshire next year? I'll put it in my diary. I'll have to keep an eye out for events sooner around here.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

there will be a few cars at east kirkby on the way to skegvegas in september...i'll be popping over to say hello and see the cars again....and probably get a slap off claire...LOL..
malcy34 Wrote:there will be a few cars at east kirkby on the way to skegvegas in september...i'll be popping over to say hello and see the cars again....and probably get a slap off claire...LOL..

...and a big SLAP from me!

and a wee drive of LEX on a private road if your good. :wink:

...all of course, if i can make it.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
A big slap from Mr Rissy...i doubt that..ur scottish...ur not gonna give anything away for free..LOL... :lol:
malcy34 Wrote:A big slap from Mr Rissy...i doubt that..ur scottish...ur not gonna give anything away for free..LOL... :lol:

No No No. You've got it ALL wrong. Physical abuse is the ONLY thing people from Scotland give away for free! Although I tend to lean towards more of the verbal kind, it's just easier over the internet. :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Sounds great Rissy and Malcy. Do you know the date? I'd love to pop over and say hello, not to mention see the cars.
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

its on saturday 15th september...have a look here... viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4073
Looks great! I think I'm free that weekend, so hopefully I get a chance to pop over and finally see my first D in the flesh. Hope to see you all there then.
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

good stuff mate, see you there!

Next years event is the weekend of 21-23 June. Details in latest Club mag and also on this forum.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie