Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance Renewal
Quote:You'll have to ask him that, I can't speak for him - only his wife can do that

Apparently I'm told I can :roll:

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:You'll have to ask him that, I can't speak for him - only his wife can do that

Chris

I was literally about to send you an email. Maybe I should hold off?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:

Chris

I was literally about to send you an email. Maybe I should hold off?

sod it. Email sent Chris. Sorry if you're not the guy. Tell me to get lost if you're not. :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Nope right person, reply sent. Pls let me know if you need any more help.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:Nope right person, reply sent. Pls let me know if you need any more help.

Chris

You sure you sent the reply to the correct Email Chris? I still haven't received anything yet....?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
I've got a call back from Footman James this afternoon. I'll see what their offering in comparison. 8)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Quote:You sure you sent the reply to the correct Email Chris? I still haven't received anything yet....?
For some reason whatever Email I send comes back as undeliverable, I tried a few times yesterday and again today. I have popped some paperwork in the post to you first class so you should get it in the morning.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Rissy Wrote:??? (What do you mean? You think £24,000 is too high?)

£24'000, even for a mint lhd delorean, sounds high to me, a quick glance around by an insurer will surly show that £20'000 is more like the right money, maybe I'm out of touch.

Having said that I think Practical Classics magazine value a concors/dealer-purchased delorean at £25'000

I suppose if they agree to it then good for you.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
JamesRGUK Wrote:
Rissy Wrote:??? (What do you mean? You think £24,000 is too high?)

£24'000, even for a mint lhd delorean, sounds high to me, a quick glance around by an insurer will surly show that £20'000 is more like the right money, maybe I'm out of touch.

Having said that I think Practical Classics magazine value a concors/dealer-purchased delorean at £25'000

I suppose if they agree to it then good for you.

James

I've been going on recommendation. The general understanding seems to be that the value, generally, has gone up by about £2,500 over the last 3 years. Plus, with the extra work towards the car personally, to get it closer to the ultimate perfection (which my car is still way of from), then this is bound to add more value too. I would have agreed with you, I thought my car would be about the £21,000 to £22,000 mark, but people raised an eyebrow at me saying those figures, so then I considered that I must be the one out of touch....?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Wow, interesting read. Insurance companies doing what they do best. There's just far too many get outs and small writing these days. It's borderline fraud in a lot of cases these days..

I pay a premium to insure it, you agree to it and take my money each month, but then try to get out of it because I actually USE the car or I forget to mention that I have an aftermarket gearstick :roll:

Have you tried Swinton Classic, Rissy? I had a few classics insured with them, and and they were really competitive.
http://www.deloreanhire.com
http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk

Ex 1981 DMC Delorean Time Machine owner.
lukebrynycz Wrote:Wow, interesting read. Insurance companies doing what they do best. There's just far too many get outs and small writing these days. It's borderline fraud in a lot of cases these days..

I pay a premium to insure it, you agree to it and take my money each month, but then try to get out of it because I actually USE the car or I forget to mention that I have an aftermarket gearstick :roll:

At the end of the day all insurance is a calculated gamble on behalf of the insurer, and indeed the customer, you just have to play the game.

And as with everthing these days we all want to pay nothing and expect everything, if you pay peanuts for insurance then you can't blame the insurer if they don't have the resorces to deal with your claim quickly and efficiently when you need them.

We're all guilty of it, how many of us buy insurance through comparison sites based soley on price of cover.

Unfortunately those who adhere to the system and don't claim for ££££'s for whiplash in a 1mph collision are the ones who loose out because you'll never really be put back in the position you were before the accident and you'll pay ever increasing premiums to pay out to the conscious-free morons who put in false claims.

It's sad to say but these days it doesn't appear to pay to be honest.

rant over

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
...I'm paying through the nose for it, but i'm sticking with my current insurers.
I'm off out of the country with work shortly, and since i've already paid, I'd lose a portion through "admin costs" etc to bail now, so it would simply be harder work for me to try to change insurers with the time I have etc.
Good news though, my insurer's underwriter's have agreed to the valuation of £24,000, and I'll be receiving my certificate and documents through the post soon.
Bad news is, i'm paying in some cases against other quotes for the same thing, nearly £100 more. I think next year, will definitely call for a move of provider.
I liked the sound of Adrian Flux this time on the phone. I didn't when I first dealt with them when buying LEX. They still had me on their system from 2009, and seemed more willing to do me a good deal this time when compared to what I am at just now. They weren't the cheapest, but not far off it either, but came across as the simplest and very professional in what they do. I was actually, dare I say it, impressed!

Anyway, next year. This year, i'm just happy to have Lexi Baby insured for the BIG 24K! ...Now only if she was 24K gold to match! 8)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):