Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would this be the same for any other car??
One thing I've noticed is that to the untrained eye there isn't a great deal of difference in the appearance of Deloreans. (of course I know that if you know what to look for there is plenty however I did say the untrained eye) However what my short time being on this forum has shown, that everyone is genuinely interested in seeing pictures of other peoples cars no matter how slight the appearance to their own may be. Also unlike other car groups, here, people are just happy to be apart of a group and talk about how amazing these cars are in general! Recently at classic car event I attended I was bored to death of people exclaiming that with their new turbo charged mod they could do point 3 seconds quicker to 60 than that of someone with a similar model. It annoys me cause it does sound like my penis is better than yours every time I hear someone going on about how amazing their car is cause they've done something to it. But with the Delorean owners there doesn't seem to be a oneup-manship about anything. What I'm trying to get at is other car groups always appear to make it competitive with their cars, however here it seems people all share pride at being apart of the elite club who are living the dream.

I honestly can't wait to be apart of that group.
Michael Sutton - Brighouse, West Yorkshire
DOC 926
VIN 4400
You've been unlucky then, I'd say. I've been a member of a few clubs and never experienced that as the norm - sure, there will always be the odd one (it's human nature) but generally? No.. the Monaro chaps are a lovely bunch and even a "basic" CV8 is welcomed with open arms.

Mind you - we are members of a club where, at a guess, 99% of the cars are all but identical to the layman, I guess we have to be a bit more accomodating Wink
Actually, that's tosh - 99% of people think a Ferrari is a Ferrari regardless of model... Tongue
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

lol Dan, I'd fall into that category, all Ferraris look the same to me - red and fast :lol:

I'd say, that one thing people often say to Phill and I (as we're a "two-De family") is
"why has that one got a little flap in the bonnet?" whilst pointing at my car.

You have a few main differences:

Early cars have black interiors and a 'gas flap' bonnet including 2 grooves down the bonnet -
very early models also have grey wheels, later ones have silver wheels

Middle cars have grey interiors, silver wheels, and a bonnet that just has the grooves - on these
you have to open the bonnet to access the fuel filler

Late cars (often referred to as 83 models, but with 1982 build dates) can be a mixed bag, most
have grey seats and silver alloys, and all should have a completely flat bonnet with a 'DeLorean'
badge in the bottom left corner. Some late build cars have a mixture of carpet/seat colours that
differ from the normal black/grey combo's.

Then of course you can choose from manual or automatic transmission - most cars were made with
the 5psd manual transmission, so are easier to find.

Then of course we come to RHD models - uber rare, there are some 'factory' conversions, others have
been converted later. All of these are quite unique, and as I'm not an expert on RHD's, I wont comment
further on them, but leave that to the experts on here - however you could expect to pay a minimum of £10k
extra for a RHD over a good LHD model, depending on the vehicles over all condition and quality of the
conversion.

Feel free to check out the events section of the forum, come along to some meets (including the NEC in
November) and join in the fun - and if you're not joined up already, join the Club, and one of the many benefits
is our quarterly full colour magazine, full of loads of DeLorean stuff, including event write ups, technical info,
project cars, cars for sale, etc.

Enjoy! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie