Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event, June 2013
Had no time to check forum lately....too busy changing oil sender and alternator, etc etc....Seems Ok now apart from not very clean.

Looking forward to tomorrow, we are probably assembling in Belper ( far end near triangle) about 11.30 and then going A6 / A610.....up to M1.

Mobile will be on blue-tong 07502 143 433.

Its Andy Withers who is with us Claire, not Andy Westerman....who incidentally is now looking for a cheapish car.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I'll attempt to meet you guys there. Smile
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
My wife, Rachael and I will be thundering up the M1 in the next few hours to the National Rail Museum. Looking forward to the event and catching up with all the old faces and meeting a lot of new ones too. See you later.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
We're the first ones here. See you inside
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
On the A1 now, just drove past York. Can't wait to meet everyone! Big Grin
My rides: Datsun Laurel, BMW 745i, Lexus IS200
thank you to everyone who came along this weekend and made it such a success, I hope you all enjoyed yourselves
and had a safe journey home.

Was great seeing faces old and new, and catching up with people, and meeting new members like Ganesh, and also
Bob and Rachel with their lovely 3500 mile Aug 81 Automatic - good luck to them with the resto of their other car too.

Thanks also to Barrie Wills for a fascinating talk last night, cant wait to read more of his memoirs in the forthcoming book.

Many thanks go to Mike and Mary Hooper for helping with the itinerary - and I apologise for my Tom Tom not reading
Mike's notes about not going down that lane towards Goathland on Saturday, but the feedback I've had is that some of
you quite enjoyed the 'challenging' roads and found it fun, so DeLorean Hill Climb it is next time lol

Anyway, time to start planning next year's event in Dorset!!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Here's a selection of my pics from the weekend, its a public album so should be viewable by all:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... loaded=271
Fantastic weekend, roll on 2014! Big Grin
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
Wanted to come but alas no working DeLorean yet and needed to help my parents with some urgent/vital house repairs. Glad it went well though!
Excellent weekend all round, thanks to everyone involved in making arrangements and nice to meet the new faces too!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
thanks for all the kind words on here and Facebook, I'm on a bit of a downer now its all over
but I now need to crack on with sorting next years event Wink
Yeh, great weekend, nice to see everyone again. Weather turned out pretty reasonable in the end, so good time had by all I rekon'
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Bandit Wrote:Yeh, great weekend, nice to see everyone again. Weather turned out pretty reasonable in the end, so good time had by all I rekon'

lovely to see you, Lisa, Malc and Gaye again Julian Smile
Fabulous weekend. Really great to meet up again. Big Grin

It's very difficult to chat to everybody when there are so many people all together at the same time!

Hopefully I got around to at least saying 'ayup' to you all!

Scarborough countryside was a really nice with lots of excellent twisty but fast roads to drive along, a particular favourite being a wonderful banked curve on the way to the hotel which really didn't belong on a public highway - great stuff!

Quote:I apologise for my Tom Tom not reading Mike's notes about not going down that lane towards Goathland on Saturday

Oh yes, I loved it, great fun Mr Green

The weather was great, the hotel was great and the company was even better. Here's hoping the 2014 event is as much fun.

Profuse thanks go out to Claire, Mike & Mary and all the others involved in organising the event. I appreciate how time consuming it is to organise these things!
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
RichH Wrote:
Quote:I apologise for my Tom Tom not reading Mike's notes about not going down that lane towards Goathland on Saturday

Oh yes, I loved it, great fun Mr Green

I always knew you were a secret adrenalin junkie lol - glad you had a good time Rich Smile