Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event, June 2013
DeLorean Owners Club UK 2013 Summer Event

21-23 June 2013 – North Yorkshire

Dear All,

I am delighted to announce details of the DOC-UK summer event for 2013.

We are going to be based at the stunning Ravenhall Hotel over looking Robin Hood Bay at Ravenscar on the North Yorkshire Coast. The hotel has a wonderful setting, right at the top of the cliff, and there are amazing views of the bay from the Panorama Restaurant.

Itinerary:

Friday 21st June: Prior to arriving at the hotel, a group visit for anyone interested is being organised for the National Railway Museum at York. Just opposite the museum is the ‘York Eye’ which will give you amazing views over this historic city.
Check in at the hotel is 3pm onwards, and in the evening we will have a 3 course meal in the Panorama Restaurant.

Saturday 20th June: Time for a drive in the fabulous North Yorkshire Moors Countryside, including stopping for a break at Goathland, better known as Aidensfield in Heartbeat. Goathland is also a stop on the famous North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway. We can also stop at the English Heritage managed Helmsley Castle, before winding our way back through the moors to the hotel, where its time to relax before a three course evening meal in the Panorama Restaurant.

Sunday 21st June: check out of hotel, then head up to Whitby, where we can visit the Abbey ruins, famous of course from Bram Stoker’s 'Dracula'. And what better way can there be to top off a perfect weekend then by enjoying the local fish and chips on the sea front.

Rates: The hotel has given us a generous 20% discount off of their normal tariff, and the prices include a 3 course evening meal worth £28 a head and breakfast.
They have an ample selection of double, twin and single rooms, and they can offer us this package for £82 per person per night.

If you are bringing children, under 3’s go free; you only have to pay for any meals purchased there for them. Children aged 3-14 are £18 per night including breakfast, or half the adult rate if they eat from the restaurant menu.

When you call the hotel to book, please quote ‘DeLorean Owners Club’ to get these special rates. Please telephone their reception desk on 01723 870353 to make your booking.

If you want to just join us during the daytime and not stay at the hotel, that is no problem at all, and of course non-DeLorean owners are very welcome to come along and join the fun too.

Best wishes,

Claire Usher
Treasurer, DOC-UK

Details will also be published in DeLorean News, the next issue is due out within the next couple of weeks.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Might have to slip in the ol' leave request for that now to make sure in back in blighty for that one! Big Grin
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF
craigrid Wrote:Might have to slip in the ol' leave request for that now to make sure in back in blighty for that one! Big Grin

great news Craig, be fab to see you again Big Grin - shame you cant ship your De back over at the same time lol 8)
just to add, this is the website for the hotel, where you can check it out for yourself
and read the testimonials of previous guests.

You can also download a brochure, or order one to be sent to you.

http://www.ravenhall.co.uk/
Hi Claire,

Count me in for this. Will book hotel asap!

Paul
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
trainmad Wrote:Hi Claire,

Count me in for this. Will book hotel asap!

Paul

excellent Paul, thanks for your support ! Smile
**** URGENT NOTICE !!! ****

Please note this event has now gone forward a week, and is the 21st - 23rd June 2013,
not 14th - 16th June 2013.

This is because the hotel have just rung me to say that they wont have enough rooms
for our Club on the original weekend suggested, but they have reserved a mix of 30 of
their rooms for us for 21-23 June 2013.

Apologies for any confusion,
Laura from the hotel has contacted me today with further information.

A deposit of £25 per person will be required upon booking the room, with balance
payable on check out of hotel.

They recommend that Holiday Cancellation Insurance is taken out, as that will cover
you incase they have to charge you due to you cancelling your room, and them not being
able to re-let it. This of course is entirely up to you, and not compulsory.

The reservation number is 76346 (or quote DeLorean Owners Club), and they have reserved
us the following:

9 double rooms
15 twin/double rooms
6 single rooms

Obviously it is 'first come first served', so I would recommend booking asap to guarantee a
room.

You also get free use of the hotel's leisure facilities, including 9 hole golf course and heated
indoor swimming pool. Check in is from 3pm on Friday 21st June 2013.

Kind regards,
I have also set up a Facebook event page for this on the Club's Facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/events/325617637534696/
Thats me booked into the hotel! Big Grin
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF
nice one, thanks for your support Craig 8)
Best get that order in for some sunny weather :!: Big Grin

I'll try and bring some with me 8)
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF
err.... but isnt it winter in Oz when you're coming over? :?

As a side note, for anyone thinking of booking up, the hotel can only guarantee us
the 30 rooms they have put aside for us until 1st Jan 2013.

So, if you want to go, get your room booked asap, because when they're gone, they're gone!
It is winter here in june, but that doesn't prevent it from being warmer than blighty! :lol:
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF
Dear all,

many of you have said, either in person, or on the Facebook page, that you are going to this
event, but this does not tally up with the bookings that the hotel has.

Can I please stress, that if you are planning on going, you book the hotel ASAP !! They cannot
hold our rooms indefinitely, and I would hate for people who want to go to miss out.

Remember to tell them that your booking is for the DeLorean Owners Club event when you ring
the hotel.

Many thanks,