Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Evans BBC Children in Need CARFEST
Sounds excellent, were on holiday that week and going over to Majorca but were going to try to juggle everything around so were back in time for the car fest north, wil have to cut the holiday short by a couple of days but I reckon it will be worth it. Can you put me and Liz down for both days please. Thanks for organising this Darren.
Thanks Phil, Much appreciated.

You & Liz booked Big Grin

Guy's

We only have space for 3 more cars at Carfest North. Please let me know if you'd like to attend. I would like to know by the end of July, so that I can get all the passes & tickets sorted out.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
A Couple of spaces left, Please let me know by the end of this week if you would like to attend.

Thanks
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Stands paid for and confirmed at both events. Spoke with organisers today and information packs and passes will be released next week. Watch this space.

I have room left for 1 car at each show. It would be great to fill it. C'mon guys last call, if your thinking about it. :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Information Pack now available for Carfest North.

Those already booked please pm me your emails and I'll forward you a copy in pdf.

Thanks
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
PDF received, thanks Darren.

Club cars need to be there by 07:30.... 07:30 in the morning on Saturday and Sunday, if the queue gets to be anything like Tatton park that's going to demand an early start.
Hi John,

Gates do not open to the public until 10:00, so this is to ensure exhibitors get in first and avoid any public queues.

I have booked a camping pitch for the club from Friday and I have a VERY LARGE Tee shaped "group" tent. It's got 3 internal two man "private" tents around a covered communial area. (sleeps 6) There are 2 twin "rooms" spare.

The camping pitch is 6m x 6m, so a small extra tent may be put towards the centre communial area to make a + shape if required to sleep 8 if anyone is thinking of bringing a 2 man tent. Big Grin

If your doing both days it may be easier for you to arrive Friday evening and stay over? Thus avoiding the early start. Or stay in a local B & B?

My two spare "rooms" in the group tent are up first come first served. :wink:

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Where do I start ? That's easy..... Huge thanks to Darren for organising the whole thing including our 5 star accomodation. The weekend was brilliant and now that it's over and thinking about all the little moments and chuckling to myself I have just officially upgraded that to Awesome ! Thanks Lisa for taking my daughter Erin under your "wing" and teaching her about life and the universe all in two days ! All the Delorean owners who are an absolute pleasure to be around. Wilf and Carol who Darren managed to get to come along with their VW camper. Great people and all down to Darren's hard work and enthusiasm, as was the Lybian replica. The magic and funny moments that happened all through the weekend which I shall bore the pants off anyone who is unfortunate enough to listen ( alcohol will help ). All the kids who stood drenched in the middle of torrential rain and a thunderstorm to vote our Deloreans as the best cars at the show. I nicked the trophy while everyone was looking at the Vulcan bomber !! Ten year old Henry the Delorean stalker ! Don't knock it, he will buy your car one day ! Adam ( Darren's son ) who secretly enjoyed the whole weekend and is an up and coming skateboard champ ( has bloodied knees to prove it.........really ). And to my mum, without whom this wouldn't have been possible............of course my Dad was there and..............what Erin?................... O, errr...............Go and ask Lisa, she'll fill in the gaps. Nuff said.......except, if those going to Carfest north have half such a good time their in for a treat !
PS.....If you can get me an accomodation upgrade Darren I might even go meself !!!

Brian
Cheers Bri Big Grin

Hi Guy's Carfest South was AWESOME ! :thumbsup:

Thanks to all those that could make it, after all if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't of had a display or half as much fun. Wink

Welcome to Steve Wiggins, new delorean owner. Big Grin Great to meet you, well done for coming along.
I must say a massive well done to Mark who changed the clutch in his car at midnight then got up at silly o'clock to come to the show Big Grin
And to the long suffering Wilf & Carol, my friends who provided their stunning and pretty much "screen accurate", "official" , "approved", available on Blu ray.......VW camper. Wink It made so may people smile with my home made Libyan dummy aloft. :lol:

Well done to Brian, who by the power of a BTTF Doc Brown wig; managed to summon a bolt of lightening just for the Kids and Pudsey Bear on cue....truely amazing Brian. Well done on your trophy. Keep an eye out for Bri in the Sunday Times! Wink

As for the show, well....I don't know where to begin. Chris Evans, his breakfast crew including Moira Stewart were amazing, Chris's enthusiasm and the whole crowd singing along with him to his Breakfast show regular tunes, Candyman etc, was fantastic. As were the groups. Such a family atmosphere, so much space you could just walk straight up the the stage if you'd wanted. Absolute magic. :thumbsup:

Just as Razorlight were finishing last night an enormous Hot Air Balloon rose to the left of the stage, complete with Vicar, Bride and Groom....The mad couple actually got married there and then in the basket, to a mighty cheer from the Crowd.

Counterfeit Stones, The Feeling and Texas on Saturday, rocking us till midnight, and Bootleg Beatles, The Magic Numbers and Razorlight on Sunday.
1000's of cars, stands and wonderful food, I even had a nice long chat with Nick Mason of Pink Floyd about his stunning 30's Works Aston racer.

Just got home, a 4 day MEGA Fest......

A real 4 day feel good factor. Big Grin

Those booked for the North have it all to come including the Proclaimers....now that's gonna be a real hoot!

Here's a few pictures of the South Event....

[Image: carfestSouth005.jpg]

[Image: carfestSouth002.jpg]

[Image: carfestSouth009.jpg]

[Image: carfestSouth012.jpg]

[Image: carfestSouth015.jpg]

[Image: carfestSouth018.jpg]

PS.....There is still a CAR SPACE for BOTH DAYS left for North, and I already have a club camping pitch too!!!

Come on, it's a FANTASTIC DO, and all for Children in Need. Lets fill our stand with cars :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Looks like you had a great time, well situated Libyan as well, I'm sure it raised many a smile Smile

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Cheers Chris, it was a blast. Rumour has it we passed the £1 Million mark for Children in Need, so well worth while. Big Grin

*******CALL FOR ADDRESSES AND CONTACT DETAILS*******

Can those booked for Carfest North pm the following details.

Address (to post you the car window pass)
email (to send pdf event information and how to get there)
Mobile Number (to contact you if anything changes)

Thanks.
D.

One car space left.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
fab pics Darren, and well done on a great weekend 'daan saaf' 8)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Car window passes arrived today. Big Grin

Sent out by first class mail. Those already booked, please let me know by Tuesday evening if you have'nt received them.

We STILL have ONE CAR SPACE for both days, it's a fabulous do so please come forward if your considering going.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Had an absolutely brilliant time here, cars galore, hot sunshine, entertainment and a good DeLorean crowd made for a great day! Thanks to Darren for sorting this out-will defo try and be here next year if it's on again(and it should be!). A large variety of cars, one of the best parts was being able to walk around the super cars before the public were allowed in, multiple photo opportunities without people getting in your shot-good work by Chris Evans for making this event possible.
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
nice one, glad you had a good weekend - great pics, thanks for sharing Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie