Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatton Park Show 18th & 19th August 2012 - ****BACK ON!!!***
Quote:do we know if the guy who owns 'Backy' is coming this year (sorry, cant remember his name)?

Martin Gibbons....

Updated List

Rich H - Sat + Sun
Claire Usher - Sat + Sun
Phill Wright - Sat + Sun
Phil Emsley - Sat + Sun
John C - Sat + Sun (?)
Paul Bardill - poss
Chris McGeachy - Sat + Sun
Scott Miller - Sat + Sun
Brian Brown (bjbrownie) - Sat OR Sun

Any more for any more? I have to get the list in fairly soon, so if you're sitting on the fence, now's the time to jump in!
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
has anyone got any contact details for Martin so we can let him know about this event?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi guys, i've just seen the comments on here about me!! I'll let you know whether I can make it or not this year, the Little One arrived just after last years show!!

Also I have an issue with the car not starting (its been left a few months). Its not turning over and starter stalls (buzzes). It may just be a weak battery charge, hopefully not an engine seizure!!

Speak soon, Martin.
ayup Martin, congrats on the 'not so new' arrival Smile

Hope your car is an easy fix - mebbe one of the North West crew can come
round and have a look at the car for you - it could be summat as simple as a
dead battery that wont take a charge, or it could be a sticky starter motor.

Look forward to seeing you in August! Smile
Guinney1971 Wrote:ayup Martin, congrats on the 'not so new' arrival Smile

Hope your car is an easy fix - mebbe one of the North West crew can come
round and have a look at the car for you - it could be summat as simple as a
dead battery that wont take a charge, or it could be a sticky starter motor.

Look forward to seeing you in August! Smile

Yeah hopefully, I've set up a post on here for any help...I think it's a sticky starter, the battery is new and Ive tried another one too.

Speak soon!
*** FINAL CALL ***

If your name's not on the list and you want to be on the club stand, you need to add it now!
The entry forms will go out to the organisers on Monday, so don't miss out!!

I'll be contacting everybody below for details of their cars this weekend.....

Rich H - Sat + Sun
Claire Usher - Sat + Sun
Phill Wright - Sat + Sun
Phil Emsley - Sat + Sun
John C - Sat + Sun (?)
Paul Bardill - poss
Scott Miller - Sat + Sun
RichH Wrote:*** FINAL CALL ***

If your name's not on the list and you want to be on the club stand, you need to add it now!
The entry forms will go out to the organisers on Monday, so don't miss out!!

I'll be contacting everybody below for details of their cars this weekend.....

Rich H - Sat + Sun
Claire Usher - Sat + Sun
Phill Wright - Sat + Sun
Phil Emsley - Sat + Sun
John C - Sat + Sun (?)
Paul Bardill - poss
Scott Miller - Sat + Sun

Rich, I'm not sure what to say here right now. My name's down now, but my work commitments might not allow me to go to this in the end. It's all up in the air right now. I'm sorry to be a pain, but it's not my fault (other than my choice to work for my company that is) It's the same for a couple of other events too.

I've put off booking the Premier Inn for the time-being, but I still have hopes to go. BUT, I also don't want to put anyone else out of a place for going if there is limited numbers of places available. IF we keep me down for now (based on there being no limits of people, just a requirement of knowledge for who IS going), and then I have to cancel, is it a big deal, either in numbers, or for switching details to someone else to take my place?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi guys, just for the record I can't do the Sunday. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Quote:is it a big deal, either in numbers, or for switching details to someone else to take my place?

No problems Chris, I'll put you in for a place, if it goes pear shaped for you, that can't be helped...
Does anyone know if Dave Howarth is attending this year?
Spoke to Dave H last night, told him about this, can he get a pass for Sunday please.
What a monumental f**k up :evil:

I contacted the organisers of this show late last night to find out why we had not yet received our tickets.

Their response is copied below:

Quote:Richard,
Sorry!, I have not received an entry form for the DeLorean O.C. I have no club or private entry space left, really sorry, we have 91 clubs attending. We recently received a private entry for a DeLorean which we were unable to fit in. We are big fans of the Deloreans as you know and would love them to attend every show we do, but this time you have made contact too late.
We didn't receive Part 1 of your entry form to reserve your club space (posted out to you in Jan/Feb). [I actually got our form first week of July] So did not expect or receive part 2 (your list of entries with Reg. No's etc.). Please supply a full list of cars wishing to attend the show and on which days etc and if we have any cancellations we will do our best to ensure some cars are able to come along. This can't be guaranteed, but we will do what we can. very sorry!
Regards
Stuart.

Too late? I returned the forms in good time to a PO box address which doesn't allow for recorded delivery of any kind.

I did however also email the organisers to tell them we would be attending with eight or nine cars.
That email was acknowledged and that was the last I heard. I've been sitting here waiting for our tickets!

I can't believe it, I'm utterly speechless. I did my bit - All I can do is apologise. Sad
oh brilliant! that means we're gonna lose a shed load of money on the Premier Inn
we booked :evil:

Who did they send the form to back in Jan/Feb? I know it wasn't you, and you only took
up the baton of organising this as nothing had been put on the forum beforehand.

Rich, why the heck didnt they say something sooner, like when you contacted them a few
weeks ago to ask if we had a stand?
Guinney1971 Wrote:oh brilliant! that means we're gonna lose a shed load of money on the Premier Inn
we booked :evil:

Who did they send the form to back in Jan/Feb? I know it wasn't you, and you only took
up the baton of organising this as nothing had been put on the forum beforehand.

Rich, why the heck didnt they say something sooner, like when you contacted them a few
weeks ago to ask if we had a stand?

Oops! I'm really sorry to hear this. I guess I don't have to worry about possibly having to go to Belgium next week with work now then. Shame, as if I was able to go, I was definitely looking forward to it. Because I still wasn't sure of my work commitments, I never booked the Premier Inn, but having stayed in them a lot in the past, I'm pretty sure you can cancel up to 24hrs before your booking, and still receive no bill for it....? is this not the case any more? I mean, you're giving 2 weeks notice nearly, so i'd have thought that's ample time!!??
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
UPDATE

The organisers are trying to find us some space.

How much they'll be able to find I can say at this stage.....