Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover plate 101716
Hi all,

Anyone know where I could get one of these fuel cover plate for my D's belly?

In the UK? ...I've seen them on Special T for £188 plus a million on P+P...

Thank you!

Mat Clarke
Frenchy
dmc 12x
DOC 100 Vin#3866 Ashington, West Sussex
...Can't help you with where to get one, but just wanted to take this open opportunity to say that I had mine off just the other month for the first time, and what seems to be the first time in YEARS!

OMG! The crap I found in there, and it was also very damp and moisture filled. The plate was starting to decay quite badly, so I'm glad I took the time to take it off, and restore it to a protective fashion again. To anyone who has not had theirs off...ever, or even just not for a long time, I would urge you to make use of a couple of dry days to do the same as me, even if it's just a check with no maintenance needed.

It's not a hard job as long as you can get under the car. I did it all, just with the front of the car jacked up, and also with the back end on ramps (at separate times, in a see-saw fashion) due to my limited availability to get the car off the ground totally. It's do-able without such hardware available to get your car properly off the ground.

I'm guessing your plate as gone past the point of no return Mat?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I got a second hand one from Ed when I did my frame off, I think it was around 180 mark.

My original was completely ruined.

Might be worth contacting Mervyn Richardson of the Irish club - he is making stainless chassis including that plate.
Vin #4087
dmc4087 Wrote:I got a second hand one from Ed when I did my frame off, I think it was around 180 mark.

Might be worth contacting Mervyn Richardson of the Irish club - he is making stainless chassis including that plate.

Would be interesting to find out what the cost of that plate is in stainless...

He brought (i presume it was him) a frame to Belfast last year. Looked very nice indeed! I didn't talk to him, but heard on the grapevine that he was looking for £10,000 for a chassis (inclusive of plate?)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Thanks guys, they do seem like hen's teeth.....
No luck from Ed either...

Frenchy is having some chassis work, so I think the chap's gonna have to refurb the original plate - he's incredibly enthuastic ( a recent find - thankfully one mile away! ) so he'll be more than happy....

Cheers, Mat
DOC 100 Vin#3866 Ashington, West Sussex
is it number 8 on here?

[Image: 810.gif]

if so i feel quite good as my car came with a new one of these, it does not look too hard a part to have something made tho?
A member of the French club made them in stainless.
Here is the link:
http://deloreanlettrage.blogspot.fr/
Scroll down the page.
Aye they belonged to Mervyn.

Not sure how much the frames cost.

The plate doesnt look hard to make, but I could not find anybody here interested in doing it so I ended up getting a good second hand.

A remade plate wouldnt have the raised bit in the middle, not sure if thats really needed though.

Rissy Wrote:
dmc4087 Wrote:I got a second hand one from Ed when I did my frame off, I think it was around 180 mark.

Would be interesting to find out what the cost of that plate is in stainless...

He brought (i presume it was him) a frame to Belfast last year. Looked very nice indeed! I didn't talk to him, but heard on the grapevine that he was looking for £10,000 for a chassis (inclusive of plate?)
Vin #4087