Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Pipe
Can anyone give me some advise on the fuel pipe. Mine is in very poor condition at the back, in fact as soon as I messed with it pin holes appeared, so I,m gonna swap it.
It looks as though it runs along the chassis, but it goes out of sight because of the underbody, has anyone removed one, before I start rippin' the thing to bits.
Got round to having a look tonight, sorted where the fuel pipe went, got it off, I'll get one made up tommorrow.
i assume you means the one from the filter to the fuel distributor?.

always use the same type, banjo's with new washers, and high pressure fuel line. (don't use jubilee clips!)

Personally i would change the fuel filter to as its only a few quid.

don't forget to depressurize the system, remove (rpm relay and crank engine)

or leave a couple of days at least, and get the fire extuinguisher ready.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I might have a spare oem one in the garage. I'll have a look.

If I have just give me cash for post.

Confirm which pipe it is though and if you can put a pic on here.

NickT.
Thanks for the response, its off now, its the steel pipe that goes from the filter & then forward, into the chassis. I,ve had a nice replacement made in stainless 'braided hose' so it can be fitted & then forgot, so to speak.
It was changing the fuel filter, that started it all off, but I'm glad its done now cos' the rear part of the pipe was in pretty poor nick.
If anyone needs to replace theirs at any time let me know, cos I've kept all the spec & sizes for future ref.