Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAF BF Airshow at East Kirkby, Lincs, Sat 15th Sept 2012
Yeh, it was a fantastic day out, and well worth the trip over and the entrance fee. I managed to get loads of great pictures of the cars, finally seeing some DeLoreans in the flesh and met loads of you guys as well. A great day. Thanks to Eddy especially, who put up with all my questions about the car for well over an hour, not to mention Paul as well who gave us the low down on how they re-built the car. It looked fantastic, and that B&O sound system is something else. I can also see why the mag looks so good, especially after looking at your portfolio Eddy, really something else. Glad I could also say a quick hi Claire. Your husband was really wonderful, taking us through the history of your car. I can't believe it's the same DeLorean.

Thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome, oh and some of the planes weren't that bad ether....

Mark
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

http://www.delorean-dream.blogspot.co.uk
Superb day! Great Weather! Brilliant seeing everyone who could make it for the day. I had a great time. Put in the hours for that one, started at 5:45am, and didn't get home until 9pm! Knackered when I got back.

That Bomber is great! Hopefully it'll be up and flying again some time in the future.

That was my final appearance for the year I think. (Malc WILL be pleased.) No even sure i'll make it to the NEC now. Only time will tell on that one.

So will be looking forward to catching up with people again, if not at the NEC, then next year again.

Lexi-Baby (or should I say...."Monkey"? - Cheeky wee smiley scamp! :lol: ) will be getting put to her bed middle of next month. Apart from a little tantrum in June for the Warwick Castle event, she's been great. She deserves the rest once she gets back home to Edinburgh.

So until either the NEC, or next year, i'm away back to the bathroom to continue scrubbing my hand with caustic soda and bleach.
(That one is for the lucky few to witness the horrific event near the end of the day - Malc, you should be ashamed of yourself, and in front of your kids too!)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Malc don't listen to Chris, he'll be the first to complain when he's being taken for granted by some ill-mannered cad...

Mark, the pleasure is all mine, will be in touch!

Eddie
Well..i think we all know that Mr Rissy enjoyed every moment of meeting me...and i know he enjoyed the honour i bestowed on him.....and did u notice.....he didn't complain when i had my legs open in lexy !!!!!
PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to say, at the end of the afternoon, things were getting abit raucous, what with
Rissy and Malcy taking the mick out of each other, and me and Eddie and Paul Bardill p'ing
ourselves laughing at them.

Mind you, I'm considering therapy after the 'budgie smuggler' comment Malcy!!

And Rissy, I thought you'd treasure the mark of Malcy on your hand and never wash it again!

Photos and videos will be uploaded when I get a spare few hours to sort them out Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
"The mark of malcy"..i like the sound of that...got a ring to it..... Big Grin
better then being known as the 'Grantham Budgie Smuggler' ........
I think your facebook name has to change to that Claire!

If anybody is interested the Pug Rot has a brand new second hand altenator and battery which was fitted on Saturday, so it works again (for a bit, until it fails again!)
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
Glad to hear the 106 has a new lease of life Paul. Bet your relieved about that!
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

trainmad Wrote:I think your facebook name has to change to that Claire!

yeah right!! I was referring to Malcy at that point!!

trainmad Wrote:If anybody is interested the Pug Rot has a brand new second hand altenator and battery which was fitted on Saturday, so it works again (for a bit, until it fails again!)

hurrah! the Pugrot refuses to die! lol
apologies for quality of pics, had to use my phone as battery in big camera
didn't want to work Sad

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 492&type=1

This album is set to 'public', so should be viewable by all.
Hi Claire, the link doesn't seem to be working. Just comes up with "content unavailable" when I click on it. Be nice to see some of the pictures. If people are interested I managed to take a fair few pictures of the cars. Mind you, probably the type of thing people have seen quite a bit of before.

On another note, are there any more midlands meet-ups this year/season?
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

flux3d Wrote:Hi Claire, the link doesn't seem to be working. Just comes up with "content unavailable" when I click on it. Be nice to see some of the pictures. If people are interested I managed to take a fair few pictures of the cars. Mind you, probably the type of thing people have seen quite a bit of before.

On another note, are there any more midlands meet-ups this year/season?

thats odd, just clicked on it again and it worked ok........

try this one instead https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... tif_t=wall

We're helping with a Parkinsons fundraiser near Ripley in Derbyshire on Saturday (3 cars going), other then that
I don't think there's anything else on apart from Luke's Yorkshire meet in October, and then the NEC in November.
Cheers, that seems to work much better. Well sounds like the NEC in November then. Hopefully this time next year I'll have my own D. Following Kirkby I'm even more sure that its worth the wait, hard work and hassle. Just need to get the funds together now, maybe keep an eye out here and the US.
Mark Sutton

Importing VIN #10719.

nice one mate Big Grin

If you come on the Sunday, you can join in with the AGM and we can discuss
further the ideas you have.