Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos
As promised a couple of photos of RHD vin 510 with her new windscreen fitted still to put back the wipers. After being pulled by the police for the number plate, the windscreen shattering and an electrical fault on the fuel pump there is light at the end of the tunnel, next job a service. Hope you like the photos.

[Image: PB100010.jpg]

[Image: PB100011.jpg]
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
car's looking great Stephen, keep up the good work Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
...Lookin' good!

Curiosity....what was the police's problem with the license plate?

Was the original windscreen cracked or something?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Thry said the "I" seperated from the JZ was not legal, there was a chip in the windscreen and when I went over a pothole 20 yards from the house it cracked, on the tyres they have in white writing GENERAL X2000 I have cleaned them up to see what they looked like but I'm unsure if I like the white lettering on them or not, what everyone's thoughts?
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
I've got white lettering (by choice) on ALL 4 of my tyres. The front, are silhouetted white lettering, and the back WERE silhouetted, but are now full on filled in white lettering. I like it. Makes the car look a bit more butch and is a nod to the American history aspect of the car's origins (a lot of the old muscle cars had huge tyres - or should i say "tires" lol! with the lettering painted white, including such classics as the good old boys car, the General Lee). It's down to personal choice at the end of the day. Some people, like me, like it, and others hate it!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
They cleaned up nice so I will see if it grows on me.
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670