Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheeler Dealers DeLorean this week
Like Wheeler dealers and their shows

I thought they did the Delorean proud. So much so that I ........................................want one !
malcy34 Wrote:it will be interesting to see if they fit UK spec headlights and a fog light as thats something they didn't appear to do on the charger..!!
They would have had to have fitted UK spec headlights to the Charger, but not a fog light. The piece of legislation on rear fog light(s) only came into force for cars manufactured from 1980 onwards.

I too enjoyed the episode, but I do agree it did seem to be quite a bit of waffle and ad breaks and not enough car time. It's nice that Chris N got the credit he deserves and it was great to see him working his magic.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
It was nice to see a good enthusiastic review of the car, though to be fair Ed and Mike are classic car nuts and I've never seen an episode where they slate a car.

As for the buyer, I think once all the additional work had been completed he will have ended up with a pretty decent car.

I understand that a lot of the work Chris N did was actually filmed after the car had been 'sold' you'll notice the stainless looks much brighter (post Chris N) in the final work shop filming than it did in the flesh at Eurotec for example.

As for the costs, 'Wheeler Dealers' would be VAT registered so they would no doubt be claiming that back.

All good PR for the car, and Mike actually seemed to think it had quite a bit of poke when driving it stateside.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
JamesRGUK Wrote:It was nice to see a good enthusiastic review of the car, though to be fair Ed and Mike are classic car nuts and I've never seen an episode where they slate a car.

As for the buyer, I think once all the additional work had been completed he will have ended up with a pretty decent car.

I understand that a lot of the work Chris N did was actually filmed after the car had been 'sold' you'll notice the stainless looks much brighter (post Chris N) in the final work shop filming than it did in the flesh at Eurotec for example.

As for the costs, 'Wheeler Dealers' would be VAT registered so they would no doubt be claiming that back.

All good PR for the car, and Mike actually seemed to think it had quite a bit of poke when driving it stateside.

James

lol, I did wonder about 'continuity' in places James, but as you say, and as we've all agreed, it was very good PR for the DeLorean,
and I was surprised he rated the perfomance in the US, bearing in mind it was running a stock system and catalytic converter.

Mind you, its a bit like last week with the Dodge Charger, a car with an amazing soundtrack, and a car that I've had the fortune to have a short drive in some years ago - it sounds great, but you put your foot down, and you get lots of noise, but not as much poke as you would expect from a V8. I was really surprised that my De felt faster then a Dodge Charger!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I was wondering how they got those parts back-saves filling up a few Samsonite suitcases! 20% tax, now thats making buying stuff off Mr Uding appealing now....... 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Wow just watched the latest episode, loved it!

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
I haven't seen it yet, but I hope to do so soon ...
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Just watched it myself - and very much enjoyed it. Nice to see something positive for once!

It did everything for my enthusiasm as well!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Ed's mate Paul who appears when they were dropping the gearbox came down to look at buying #4772. They decided it needed too much work but we chatted for ages. I think I banged on about the window regulators too much Mr Green

The rear main seal should have been siliconed in, and what you saw coming out was one of John Hervey's.

I was quite pleased with the program. i think it's did a good job of bumping up the value of DeLoreans in the UK!
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
lol Martin, I think you're right - on the strength of that programme and what the
car sold for, I think we all need to bump up the insurance values on our cars! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
stunned_monkey Wrote:The rear main seal should have been siliconed in, and what you saw coming out was one of John Hervey's.

Sorry slightly OT,

Smear of silicone around the outer edge? (I'm about to replace mine before the engine/gearbox go back together)
Vin #4087