Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member and owner...
woooo deloreans coming to me, i like it.

Well i get delivery of the car on monday morning so will give you a shout through the week!
nice one, get plenty of pics on here when you get it! Smile

Sounds like you guys can organise a mini-meet up there too!! :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
well car came off the boat friday, so monday morning at 4am me and a friend set off down with a trailer to southampton to collect, got there at 10am and there she was sat...

[Image: img1063ke.jpg]

Was a bit surreal to see one up close, as the last time i did, was in the picture i uploaded as a child!!!

Turned out it is not as bad as i expected, no signs of rust anywhere, the chassis looks in good condition, but i am not counting chickens yet!

few more pics

[Image: img1065l.jpg]
[Image: img1066q.jpg]
my mate Tom who offered his trailer and time for free, top guy.
Also take note at what we towed it with, it was a bit of a painful journey at 60mph max all way with big nobbly tires, all worth it tho Big Grin

[Image: scaled.php?server=594&filename=img1067et.jpg&res=medium]
[Image: img1069t.jpg]

Got it home and all in all happy with it, a massive project but i am looking forward to it, i have sooooo many questions to ask in regards to parts, fitment, colours, etc
So i apologise prior Big Grin
Firstly where do i find the vin number?
The Vin can be found on a plate by the drivers door, or, if it is a very early vin, inside the trunk. It should also be displayed on a plate riveted to the drivers side of the dashboard (in the corner just before it meets the windshield).
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
If it's a non-runner, do NOT try to start it!
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
looks similar spec to mine (mines July 81, #2292).

Great photos - bet that V8 Landy was a thirsty towcar too!

Feel free to ask away with questions - why not start a 'Work In Progress' thread
for it in the DOC Members Cars section - and I'm sure Eddie will be happy to
receive articles on the car for the magazine too Smile
it is a none runner, try as i might to start it, it has no engine.

It was on ebay not so long since in America, i think the vin number ends 002526?

The v8 was on gas so it was not too bad, i do not want to do 10 hours in that vehicle again tho!

I was going to do a thread in there but i could not see the new topic option, do they need to be approved or something?

It is going to be a while before any work starts on the car, i need to finish another project first. Well that is my aim but the excitement may be too much.

I need to route through all the spares and see what bits i am missing, so far the only major bits missing is the petrol tank, i am guessing those are hard to come by...

Dan
and obviously no engine...
Petrol tank.... ooh, about £10 from Chris N :wink:

Have you got a transmission at least? Or have you really got nothing in there? How much shift linkage? Auto or manual?

Your quickest route to a driveable DeLorean would be an engine and gearbox from an Alpine GTA Atmo and some shift linkage bits. You would only need a lower crank case for it all to fit.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
no transmission, it was ideally what i was looking for, i want to put something with a bit of grunt in there. But could not justify morally and financially to butcher a complete working one.

It is manual set up, from looking i think the shift linkage is complete up to where the box would be

I am weighing up a few engine choices, i am not really going to rush it, i want to but i think i will take my time and get it right.

I think a complete strip down and rebuild will be on the cards

I am tempted by the audi 2.7 bi-turbo engine, on another forum i use i have seen a nice installation in a VW T3 which has a very similar engine location and set up
Congratulation on your purchase Tongue
Looks like you will have a lot of fun restoring it :wink:
have a word with Chris Parnham for a fuel tank, he's got loads of them for sale and
at a very good price too.

Its possible that you might not be able to post in that section if you are not a Club
member - its only £25 a year to join and you get our excellent quarterly full colour
magazine plus yearly free gift, etc, etc.

Our big Renault Avantime runs on LPG, it certainly made our recent holiday in France
very affordable, we were seeing petrol at anything up to €1,60, compared to LPG at
€0,74 - €0,90.

Good luck with everything, and we look forward to seeing progress on this one Smile
stunned_monkey Wrote:Petrol tank.... ooh, about £10 from Chris N :wink:
:lol: A complete steal at that price considering the cost of a tank from some other dmc vendors.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
MikeWard Wrote:
stunned_monkey Wrote:Petrol tank.... ooh, about £10 from Chris N :wink:
:lol: A complete steal at that price considering the cost of a tank from some other dmc vendors.

Chris Parnham might even be a tad cheaper then that (if he's still got some left) - if you can get yourself
up to Derbyshire this weekend, Chris is coming on the Saturday and could probably bring one with him.
surely you are being sarcastic with that price?

where do i go and what do i do to get one lol