Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angle Drives
MikeWard Wrote:Big Grin Break out the ticker tape!

Claire, have just sent you a PM regarding payment. Smile

:lol: :lol: :lol: PM replied to! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hello all,

the last angle drive we had was sold at the NEC this weekend, so these are now
once again out of stock.

If anybody would like me to get some more made, then I will place an order with
Speedograph, and give an 'estimated' lead time on availability, as these are made
to order in small quantities for us.

cheers,
Guinney1971 Wrote:hello all,

the last angle drive we had was sold at the NEC this weekend, so these are now
once again out of stock.

If anybody would like me to get some more made, then I will place an order with
Speedograph, and give an 'estimated' lead time on availability, as these are made
to order in small quantities for us.

cheers,

Gosh, I was lucky! The angle drive looks really well built! Can't wait to fit it on! :lol:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
Selling like hot cakes Smile

Must admit, I am very happy with mine, it is nice seeing the miles racking up again. Could use a once piece cable now to smooth out the motion and I'll be a happy man.

Is there anything stopping an order of say 10? Just to ensure plenty are left in stock, plus it could give some leverage for a 'bulk order discount' - I know I would happily buy another to have as a 'spare'. Smile
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
the only thing stopping it Mike is that it would use up quite alot of the Club funds in
the bank - they cost us inc VAT £105, so if we had ten, that would be over a grand
tied up - the first batch of 6 took nearly 2yrs to sell, so the most I'd want to order
back in would probably be 3, perhaps 5 at a push, depending on demand.
Hi Claire,

Would Speedograph not offer DOC a quantity break if ordering in batches of 5 or more? That way it could work out a little more cost effective to purchase a larger number.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
I've asked before about that, and they've always said no.

We could buy in a quantity, but it would risk tying up limited
Club funds for however long they take to sell.
Just wanted to re-open this thread to see if there is anyone else looking/wants to order an angle drive. In the main because I need one but to see if there is any other interest to see if it's worth getting another batch made up. If there is enough interest then I'm sure we will but not if we have to sit on a load of them. If any one wants one can I have a show of hands please? I suspect the price would be similar.

1: chris williams
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I will probably need one Chris as mine is seized up.

...Having said that, I was over at speedograph only last week, buying a new long inner cable for a RHD, for only £8.00 ! (June 13) and they said they could repair angle drives, that is put in a new short length on cable if it was that that had broken. But mine is seized up inside and I'm not sure if it can be fixed.

I think they said they has stopped supping new ones due to criticism about the large nut not being up to spec.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Sheesh are they still playing that card?! I told them in as many words that I would no longer re sell them due to their poor slow service. The nut thing goes back to my drives having aluminium nuts and the doc drives being sent back to have steel nuts made. They then confused us as being the same entity (sounds like they still are) delaying one of my orders... Anyway steel or ally are both fine.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Put me down for 2 Chris W if you are having some made up. We might get them by October 2014 if we're lucky Smile

On a side note, how long do they take to make up the 1 piece speedo cable, Chris P? I'd like one for my car (I have a spare upper cable if they need it as a template)
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Virtually as you wait. Mine was different as there is no Lamba thingy. But we poked a bit of thin wire down the old outer, and measured it....then we added an extra 1/4 of an inch..for good luck and asked for an extended square bit on the bottom end, reasoning that we could always chop a bit off if it was too long..it wasn't . Give them a ring and have a chat. very nice folk to deal with.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:Virtually as you wait. Mine was different as there is no Lamba thingy.
That's why I want a one piece cable, to bypass the lambda counter. Will give them a call, thanks Chris.
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
They got me out of trouble by fixing a dead angle drive less than 24hrs before a trip to france a few years ago...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
well if there is enough interest, which there seems it could be, then I'll put in an order for
another six angle drives, and hopefully they wont take too long to supply them (waited ages
last time because the chap that dealt with them was off).

I'm not sure if I need a cable or an angle drive, mine packed up in Jan 2008 on the way back
from PJ Grady and I've never got around to fixing it - just wondering how many miles I've done
in the last 5 1/2 years lol

Chris W - can you let me know what you think before I put in a purchase order with Speedograph?