Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official Back to the Future Delorean arrives in the UK
Manxmann Wrote:Hi Steven,

I'm not going to wade into the debate, like to owner of the 'Real' Mad Max car over here you are entitled to believe what you want and fingers crossed no ones calls your bluff, if it is one.

As has been said several times on the 'other' forum the Delorean community really is very small. Many people, such as myself, are happy to be part of both clubs. Take some friendly advice, don't cut your nose off to spite your face by taking sides when in truth no one has wronged you.

I hope you enjoy your car as much as we do ours.

Simon

Well said Simon,

Most of us have a foot in both camps, so please do not try and play one club against the other Steven. Its futile.
We're here to enjoy the cars, not have bun fights.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Either way, another great DeLorean is back in the UK and will be much admired by all who view it especially as a BTTF car. We all do the same things with the cars, for some reason the BTTF ones seem to stir up issues in the US (dont know about over hear) but either way would be good to see you at our event in September especially as it's supposed to be a time travel weekend!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
long time no see Mike Cole and Darren C !! You havent been on here in ages, how's things?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Claire,

We're fine thanks. I do look on here regularly, but haven't posted in ages. I've been busy fettling Scott Millers car (great chap!) recently and continuing to restore and build my fleet.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:Hi Claire,

We're fine thanks. I do look on here regularly, but haven't posted in ages. I've been busy fettling Scott Millers car (great chap!) recently and continuing to restore and build my fleet.

Regards
D

ah, you needent by shy Darren, we dont bite lol

Scott's been singing your praises to me on Facebook Smile

Got any piccies of your fettling? What are the new additions?
.... having thought about this car over the weekend, I remember a while ago someone saying
that Universal were clamping down on people doing BTTF conversions and such like as they
said that they owned the copyright to the design - I cant remember who said it, it was a while
ago........ however..... if this car has been built for the benefit of Universal Studios, then they
obviously sanctioned it and approved its construction.

Either way, its great that another DeLorean is heading back over this side of 'the Pond' 8)
Blueray? whats that? I've still got the BTTF films on VHS! :lol:
bttf car Wrote:
Guinney1971 Wrote:Blueray? whats that? I've still got the BTTF films on VHS! :lol:
get a ps3 and get the bluray discs
it has so much extras and deleated bits, its well worth the pay out my car is on disc 3 under into the future
or google J Ryan bluray i think it should come up on youtube

PS3? is that like my Spectrum 48k? 8)

(as you can tell, I dont do modern technology, hency my preference for old cars lol)
Guinney1971 Wrote:
Darren C Wrote:Hi Claire,

Regards
D

ah, you needent by shy Darren, we dont bite lol

Scott's been singing your praises to me on Facebook Smile

Got any piccies of your fettling? What are the new additions?

I'll save the details to Scott, don't want to steal his glory! He did a lot of work too.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
very nice car there