Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone seen the hotwheels bttf car in uk shops
wondered if anyone knows what shops in the uk are likley to have the bttf version of the delorean ?

been looking but not seen any
The club shop has some if you want to contact me via 'PM' though not in the shop at the moment as it awaiting an update.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Not seen them in a shop here. Picked up a couple at Walmart in Florida in April. 98c each Result!

Regards
Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
yeah i got the black one for 99c in usa
Check out Tescos and Asda toy section, you should be able to pick one or two up there as Mattel tend to include a few in each box-Ive got quite a few spare if youre desperate you can have I at cost price plus a little p+p, got long and short card versions. PM me if you need one, dont be afraid to push past the kids routing through the Hotwheels box, I came away with 5 BTTfs and 3 silver black stripes! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Only £1.20 each!
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Had the same idea myself-got 31 bttfs,19 silver/black stripes and 9 black DMCs (these dont seem very popular), just cant help buying one or two when in Tescos! There is a rumour in Hotwheels 'circles' that Mattel may bring out a bttf 3 railroad version as it seems this line is extremely popular and the bttf version was developed quite easily from the original silver version which is now getting rare along with the gold version (of which I have 5!) 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Nice one for the kids mate! Also worth pointing out is that Hotwheels have released their version of the A-Team GMC van and the Knightrider Pontiac Transam for the 2011 collection-I was in Bangkok last year and Singapore this year, scoured loads of toy shops and Toysrus and found absolutely no sign of these 2 elusive cars! Top marks to anyone who can find one-or two, or even three........... 8)
I found one in the local OneStop store in my own village on Friday! Couldn't believe it. (Silver one with black side stripes and gold wheels) Cost £1.15 so a little more expensive than other places.

My 1:1 scale model was parked up outside to the amazement of the cashier Smile
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
I had a similar experience in my local Tescos-2 guys were admiring ol' stainless as I was walking back out and after the usual chat I showed them 2 DMCs that I had just bought, and they didnt believe that Hotwheels made DMC models-just rubbishy non descript small cars! 8)
I got the black on an admittedly a tatty card last week in our local Asda for £1
(it was the only DMC they had), and Phill picked up a BTTF version and a silver
with black stripes at one of the Asda's in Leicester the next day.

Is it just the gold one we're missing now?

Might go and have a look in the big Tesco not far from here and see what they've
got left Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
When you go there, head for the toys section and look for the Hotwheels display box-the top is normally full of cars, note how its 3ft or so off the ground so the little blighters cant see whats up there! Check out the cereal,chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks aisles for the strips that hold long card versions up-good hunting! (dont be embarrassed to spend a good few minutes routing through, it may well be worth the effort).
If youre unsucessful, I'm bringing a box full of DMCs to Tatton for sale, got tons of BTTFs,silver/black stripes and black ones. Morrisons are normally quite good too. 8)
ah, good stuff, I'm going to Morrisons tomorrow to do the weekly shop Smile
Picked up the BTTF one at my local OneStop last night, to go with the standard one I got a few weeks ago from the same village store Smile
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
Shopping can be rewarding at times! 8)
we were in France last week, and we were in Auchan near the Loire town of
Blois and found the only Hotwheels DMC in there, a black one on short card.

It was €1,79 so dearer then Asda, but I couldnt miss up an opportunity like that Smile