Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternator belt replacement part
My alternator drive belt is on its way out, just starting to polish the inner vee of the crankshaft pulley so I need a new one shortly. The existing one is a Motaquip VFR 244 (9.5 x 1250) which I bought years ago. Anyone know where I can get a replacement of the same size? 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
I would have thought if you ring your local motorfactors and quote the old part number and manufacturer,
they should be able to do a parts cross reference and get you the right one (assuming the part number has
changed).

If there is a new part number, feel free to update the parts x-ref section Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
No joy with Halfords but going to ring a couple of motor factors on Tuesday, hopefully they should have a bigger stock and may find something that will match up-got 2 brand new belts off Volvo but way too long, the alternator belt was touching the exhaust support bracket and it was still too loose, let you know my findings soon! (belt off a 1978 Simca 101 probablys a perfect fit) 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
My car has a Motaquip VFB 271. 12.5 x 1250 Here is a link to sites selling these...

http://www.craigtoncarparts.com/Timing% ... belts.html

http://www.auto-essentials.co.uk/ecomm/ ... ba782df709

Also, if you use the number: 028-145-271-G

There are many manufacturer's with associated part numbers for different vehicles which very closely match this number. i.e. Gates 6209MC or 6309MC or Meyle 052 115 0730

Ford Galaxy, VW Golf/Polo/Passat/sharan/Vento, Seat Toledo/Cordoba/Ibiza II.

Hope this helps. Hopefully something from this list will lead in a good direction for you.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
nice one Rissy! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks for the info Rissy-Ive ordered one fom Autoessentials for £6.74 inc postage, this section is infinitely more knowledgable and helpful than H*lfords! Cheers guys 8)