Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean Convention Belgium 2012
I'm sorry to hear that, but we are urgently looking into it. I've contacted Frederik as soon as I got your (and Brian's) message. Since I'm the one in the Belgian club that keeps an eye on all the Delorean forums, he wanted me to give you the next message:

Evening everybody, I've been notified by several of you guys that aparently there are problems in getting the hotel rooms booked? I went to reception this evening and asked why, they claim there is no problem in booking. I also notified management of the hotel about this. You can send your booking request on a mail on info@brugotel.be or through their website: http://www.brugotel.be Don't forget to mention "DCB12" to get the special event rates. If anyone has problems, drop me a message and I'll sort it out for you! Sorry for this but we're monitoring this closely.

So, like Frederirk says, we are doing everything we can to get this sorted out. You can always send Frederik or me a message if any more 'troubles' keep coming up ...

Hope to see you soon!

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Something went wrong with my answer to your question, Mike, so this will probably be dubble posted ...

Anyway, we are aware of the 'problem' with the hotel and as soon as I've seen your message (and Brian's), I've contacted Frederik who's in charge of the hotel. Since I regularly check all the forums, he wanted me to put the following message on the forum:

Evening everybody, I've been notified by several of you guys that aparently there are problems in getting the hotel rooms booked? I went to reception this evening and asked why, they claim there is no problem in booking. I also notified management of the hotel about this. You can send your booking request on a mail on info@brugotel.be or through their website: www.brugotel.be Don't forget to mention "DCB12" to get the special event rates. If anyone has problems, drop me a message and I'll sort it out for you! Sorry for this but we're monitoring this closely.

So, like Frederik says, we are doing everything we can to get the 'problems' with the hotel sorted out as soon as possible. If anyone has a problem with booking or anything else, you can always contact me or Frederik with your questions.

Hope to seen you soon!

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
Andy,
Thank you for response. It appears that Frederik's visit to the hotel has done the trick as I have received a booking confirmation from the hotel.
Looking forward to a great event
Best Regards
Mike
We have had confirmation that the location for the galadiner has been approved, you can expect a very exclusive surrounding and spectacular vieuw of Bruges!!

Regards from Belgium!

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
Dear Delorean enthousiast!

Only 4 months to go to the first Delorean Belgium Convention! The event is taking it’s definitive shape and we have recieved international registrations.

We have made some changes to the booking form, please visit www.dcb12.be for all updated information.

If you want to attend our meeting please:

- Go to the site and download the booking form and follow hotel & event registration instructions.
- On that same site download the exel sheet, fill it in and send it back to frederik.van.acker@prodim.biz
- You’ll also find the latest itinary of the event

Please note: we have put up a registration deadline of March 17th due to reservation and booking deadlines of various locations

Do you like to trade / exibit in the event or have something special?

- We’re still looking for vendors who like to sell, trade or exibit Delorean related items in the conference room of the hotel. This room will be accessible during our presence in the hotel and locked off in between.
- Do you have something unique to show? Scale models, artwork, etc… feel free to bring it along and we will exibit this for you in the hotel and /or Gala diner at the Crowne Plaza!
- Delorean clubs are invited to bring their own flags / banners / goodies.

We hope to gather a great number of cars for our very first convention, and will provide you all with an unforgettable time in Belgium!

Best Regards,

The DCB-12 organisation (Frederik, Andy, Lindy, Philiep, Saskia, Dirk, Jo & Dominiek)

www.dcb12.be
Facebook : Delorean Convention Belgium 2012
I'm surprized there is so little response to our event. Is nobody from the UK interested in this or is it still to early to say?
We allready have Mark and Mary Hooper confirmed that they will come over, someone is coming over from New Jersey (USA) and Joe Murray (Northern Ireland) is looking into it ...

@bttf brian: I thought you booked the hotel? The hotel hasn't recieved a booking from you ... Let me know if there is a problem, please!

Anyway, just checking 'cause I have the feeling no one is reading this ...

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
Hi Andy,

unfortunately we wont be able to come, as its the week before our holiday in France, and we cannot afford two European trips in quick sucession.

I wish you every sucess with your event, it sounds fantastic Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:Hi Andy,

unfortunately we wont be able to come, as its the week before our holiday in France, and we cannot afford two European trips in quick sucession.

I wish you every sucess with your event, it sounds fantastic Smile

Hi Claire

To bad you can't make it to Belgium, but I understand. I hope you a great time in France!

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
I REALLY wanted to come to this, and had plan to last year. That is, until, my best friend planned his wedding for the same exact weekend (Sat 19th to be precise). So... Unfortunately, the wedding wins for me. Otherwise I'd DEFINITELY have been there. Looks a good event, and always wanted to visit Bruges. :-( ...maybe next time for me. Sorry.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy Wrote:I REALLY wanted to come to this, and had plan to last year. That is, until, my best friend planned his wedding for the same exact weekend (Sat 19th to be precise). So... Unfortunately, the wedding wins for me. Otherwise I'd DEFINITELY have been there. Looks a good event, and always wanted to visit Bruges. :-( ...maybe next time for me. Sorry.

Not to worry, if you can't make it, you can't make it .... It's just that we have a deadline for our Gala Diner on saturdayevening. We'll have to confirm by 17/03/2012 with how many people we'll approximately be and pay a deposit to the Crown Plaza, so we would like to have an idea with how many people we'll be ...

About 'next time', that depends a little bit on 'this time'. We'll see ...

PS. Great M3 you bought there!! (I'm a big BMW fan ...)

Regards

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
Andy!!! wash your mouth out!!! "Big BMW Fan"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
....Thanks Andy :lol: Claire - Shoosh! The BMW was the original car I was SUPPOSED to buy back in 2009 with the money I ended up using to buy Lex. SO, it took me this long to save the money again, for the BMW. It's more of a scary buy that Lex was, in all honesty. I think this car may turn out to be a little too rich for my blood. The costs of owning one, are through the roof! BUT....saying that, it was something that I had in my blood. An itch that wouldn't let up. So, right now, the way I see it is, i've bought it, so that now I can start resenting it, and then within a couple of years MAX, i'll be giving it up again, for something cheaper. That will be the last extravagant car purchase i'm likely to make. I'll be lucky i'm sure, to just be able to continue to afford Lex. And yes, i've been asked already....if one car had to go, which would it be!? ....of course, the answer is, the BMW is first for the chop. That's a no brainer! lol!

I still have the Eggplant Civic too, for the time-being, but only cause i'm planning on tidying it up a bit, before I sell it. I can't afford to keep 3 cars!

...So, if anyone might be interested in a well looked after, problem-free, pretty good conditioned, fairly rare 1.8VTi (B18C Engine - Same as the Integra Type R) 1999 Honda Civic MB6 shape with just under 104,000, then I might just have the car for you. The only thing that doesn't work on it, is the air conditioning, because the condenser needs replacing. Words cannot express how much I love this car, and i'll be very sorry to see it go. Sad ...I just needed to scratch this itch. No other reason for selling. (It actually pains me even writing all this in this forum! CRY!)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Guinney1971 Wrote:Andy!!! wash your mouth out!!! "Big BMW Fan"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:
Rissy Wrote:....Thanks Andy :lol: Claire - Shoosh! The BMW was the original car I was SUPPOSED to buy back in 2009 with the money I ended up using to buy Lex. SO, it took me this long to save the money again, for the BMW. It's more of a scary buy that Lex was, in all honesty. I think this car may turn out to be a little too rich for my blood. The costs of owning one, are through the roof! BUT....saying that, it was something that I had in my blood. An itch that wouldn't let up. So, right now, the way I see it is, i've bought it, so that now I can start resenting it, and then within a couple of years MAX, i'll be giving it up again, for something cheaper. That will be the last extravagant car purchase i'm likely to make. I'll be lucky i'm sure, to just be able to continue to afford Lex. And yes, i've been asked already....if one car had to go, which would it be!? ....of course, the answer is, the BMW is first for the chop. That's a no brainer! lol!

I still have the Eggplant Civic too, for the time-being, but only cause i'm planning on tidying it up a bit, before I sell it. I can't afford to keep 3 cars!

...So, if anyone might be interested in a well looked after, problem-free, pretty good conditioned, fairly rare 1.8VTi (B18C Engine - Same as the Integra Type R) 1999 Honda Civic MB6 shape with just under 104,000, then I might just have the car for you. The only thing that doesn't work on it, is the air conditioning, because the condenser needs replacing. Words cannot express how much I love this car, and i'll be very sorry to see it go. Sad ...I just needed to scratch this itch. No other reason for selling. (It actually pains me even writing all this in this forum! CRY!)

Actually, about the same story here ; I've had 2 BMW's in the past and I was going to buy a new 3-series in 2000-2001, but then - like I wasn't suppose the buy the BMW - I came across my dreamcar, the DeLorean! It was the perfect Delorean for me at the moment to buy (grey, manual, not too perfect, been a drivers car and at the right price) and I had been looking for a while. I had to make a choice and bought the Delorean ; I haven't regretted it since! The plan for me was to buy a smaller car for a few years and within a few years buy myself another BMW. So I ended up driving a Opel Astra Estate wich I thought I would only have for a few years ....

And then I met my wife, married, bought a house with a lot of work .... and the dream of owning a BMW has been postponed to, well, who knows? One day there will be another Beemer in my garage, that's for sure! Untill then, the Astra will have to do ...

Anyway, back on topic : anyone else coming over for the Belgian DeLorean Convention? Smile

Regards from Belgium
Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
Hi everybody

Things are starting to get closer: only three months to go and 1 month before the registration deadline!

Just a quick update on our event:

- in the last weeks we welcomed new car registrations from Holland, France and Germany.
- we’re also honored to announce that Joseph Murray and Neal Barclay have confirmed they will be attending our convention! For those who have a lapse of memory: they where both employed in the original DMC factory in the eighties and know a lot of our cars history. They also have met the man himself: John Delorean. For those who attend: talk with these guys, they have some amazing stories to tell you !
- saturday will be our convention highlight, we recieved the official paperwork from the Mayors Office for our presence on the The Burg: http://www.360cities.net/map#lat=51.207 ... um&zoom=17
- keep following our Facebook page “Delorean Convention Belgium” or www.dcb12.be for all detailed info.

We're still hoping to see a few more of you guys, so don't hesitate to get registered and come over!

Oh, did I mention that we also have great beer and delicious chocolades!

See you in Belgium!

Best Regards,

The DCB-12 organisation (Frederik, Andy, Lindy, Philiep, Saskia, Dirk, Jo & Dominiek)