Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean Convention Belgium 2012
UPDATE:

People who are not able to attend the complete event and only want to join on saturdag May 19th: you can! You are welcome with your car from midday until 17hr on "De Burg" in the centre of Bruges. You do need to register in the same way as for the complete event. Fee is 15€ per person. Included is a badge, registration fee, an event plate (1 per car) and a special insurrance we had to take, obligatory by the town of Bruges. This due to the exeptional permit we got to park on the historic square wich is normally closed of for all trafic.
If you want to join us for the galadiner in the Crowne Plaza in the evening (on the sames square) total price is 15+50=65€ per person.

See you in Belgium!

Best Regards,

The DCB-12 organisation (Frederik, Andy, Lindy, Philiep, Saskia, Dirk, Jo & Dominiek)
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
UPDATE:

People who are not able to attend the complete event and only want to join on saturdag May 19th: you can! You are welcome with your car from midday until 17hr on "De Burg" in the centre of Bruges. You do need to register in the same way as for the complete event. Fee is 15€ per person. Included is a badge, registration fee, an event plate (1 per car) and a special insurrance we had to take, obligatory by the town of Bruges. This due to the exeptional permit we got to park on the historic square wich is normally closed of for all trafic.
If you want to join us for the galadiner in the Crowne Plaza in the evening (on the sames square) total price is 15+50=65€ per person.

See you in Belgium!

Best Regards,

The DCB-12 organisation (Frederik, Andy, Lindy, Philiep, Saskia, Dirk, Jo & Dominiek)
UPDATE:

Due to the fact that some owners have their cars in winter repairs and are working furiously to get them finished for our event we have extended the registration period until APRIL 15th. We talked to all venues and they have granted us this extension.

Until now we have 17 cars registred and welcome 3 VIP’s: Joe Murray & Neal Barclay, both former DMC factory workers are our special guests at our convention, together with Brian O’neills exellent Back To The future replica!

Hope to still see some late registrations, 6 weeks to go!

See you in Belgium!

Best Regards,

Hi everybody!

Hope you all made it back home safely and without any problems.

In name of the whole DCB12 crew, I would like to thank everybody for attending the first edition of our event and make it a magical 3 days!

We all enjoyed every single second of it and will remember this for a very long time. You all contributed to a unique gathering.

Now back to reality but hope to see you all very soon in a next event. In the mean time, you are always welcome in Bruges!

Live The Dream

Best Regards,

A big thank you to the 'Belgium Crew', Frederik, Andy, Lindy, Philiep, Saskia, Dirk, Jo & Dominiek for organising a fantastic weekend for the first Delorean Club of Belgium Convention. The whole event went as smooth as clockwork including the fine weather! It was great to meet up with old friends and make new ones from Holland, France, Belgium, USA and Germany. Plus it was good to see Neil B and Joe M again. Representing the Delorean Owners Club UK and the only Uk representatives were Brian ( my best friend is a Klingon) and Jen plus ourselves. There was only one hitch when our car boiled over in the famous Burg Square right in the middle of Bruges right in front of a crowd that must have been several hundred strong, How embarrassing! ANyway Steve from the Delorean Service Centre Bruges was on hand and the problem was diagnosed as a burnt out wire to one of the cooling fans which was quickly repaired their and then!
Anyway there is plenty to report and this will be an article in a forthcoming club magazine, so watch out for stories of Brian trying to be Doc Brown without his make up!
Thanks again to Frederik who really worked his socks off.

Mike and Mary
glad the event was such a sucess, I've been admiring all the photos on Facebook, looks like
you all had a wonderful weekend, and well done to you both, plus Brian and Jan for representing
the UK and this Club. We would have loved to have gone, but sadly funds would not permit
when we're about to go on holiday.

Will DCB be doing an event in 2013?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
What a great weekend. Having done many memorable days with my Delorean, I just have to say that Brugge on a beautiful spring weekend with a big crowd, 21 Deloreans and their owners, it was up there with the very best. Simply....................................stunning ! If I had to pick a Groundhog day, it would be a strong contender. One for the scrapbook !
Guinney1971 Wrote:glad the event was such a sucess, I've been admiring all the photos on Facebook, looks like
you all had a wonderful weekend, and well done to you both, plus Brian and Jan for representing
the UK and this Club. We would have loved to have gone, but sadly funds would not permit
when we're about to go on holiday.

Will DCB be doing an event in 2013?

We haven't decided on a next event yet. I don't think we'll organise an event in 2013, but maybe 2014? We'll see ... We're just gonna catch up on some sleep now (about 3 weeks Big Grin ) and see what we decide in the next coming weeks or months ... We'll keep you posted offcourse if there well be a second edition!

bttf brian Wrote:What a great weekend. Having done many memorable days with my Delorean, I just have to say that Brugge on a beautiful spring weekend with a big crowd, 21 Deloreans and their owners, it was up there with the very best. Simply....................................stunning ! If I had to pick a Groundhog day, it would be a strong contender. One for the scrapbook !

Thanks Brian! It was great having you over in Belgium, it's always a pleasure to meet you and Jen! See you in the future (or the past?)! I know, that one's a bit cheesy ...

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
that would be great Andy, I know how stressful it is organising a big meet up with different
locations and venues having done one for the DOC-UK last year.

I am pretty sure if you do have an event in 2013/2014, you can count on a few more DOC-UK
members joining in, Phill and I are certainly interested, and I think RichH is up for it too, so please
keep us posted and let us know when/where you want to do another event.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie